Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

June 10th, 2020 05:00

Dell XPS13 7390. File Explorer not responding after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 2004

Hi all!  I just upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004!  All hell broke lose!!  Now when I lunch File Explorer, it just stuck there.   I try to end most of my processes, it still stuck!  I don't know what program or driver causing it!  When I use MSCONFIG, and strip it down to basic boot up.  The File Explorer worked fine.  Do you guys have any issues wilth File Explorer after upgrade your Windows 10 to Version 2004?

Lucky I did a image before I upgraded.  I going to restore my image when I get home!

3 Posts

I did upgraded to Version 2004.  The problem started to appear AFTER I upgraded to Version 2004.  That my problem.

There is a new Win 10 2004 system update that just appeared.

Install that and see if the problem is fixed.

3 Posts

June 10th, 2020 16:00

Okay, I got home and finally find out what happen.  I have a server at home and I have some Network Drives.  For some reason, the Windows 10 Version 2004 are searching for them when I not at home's network. It will stuck and try to find the drive in File Explorer.  It doesn't do that on the older Windows 10 Version.  It will just give you an X.  Right now, I just disconnect all my network drives and it work perfectly fine.  Because when you are out of your house's network, it won't let you disconnect it, because the File Explorer will just hung!

No Events found!