Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

February 17th, 2019 01:00

Dell xps 9370

2 week old xps13 4k, bios updated no problem, came to do a graphics update I don't know how or why but now it appears to have no graphics even on reboot attempting to press a fuction key to bypass windows to attempt recovery or reset it's as thought there is no graphics card installed.. black screen not even logo no cursor absolutelty nothing. If I restart the machine and wait eventually it turns sort of a strange white and black the only way I could describe it is it looks similar to a bad photocopy of a blank page. I can't access anything to run a recovery is there another option

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 17th, 2019 09:00

You cannot update laptop drivers from any other source but Dell. Laptop Drivers and Bios are customized for your motherboard by Dell and must come from Dell not the video card or any other manufacturer. They are rarely if ever updated.

Best bet now is to contact Dell Support and have them walk you through a factory reset or whatever they recommend.

Dell drivers and bios are here-

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-9370-laptop/drivers 

3 Posts

February 17th, 2019 13:00

Hey Mary thanks for replying. The links I was sent to update where from dell.. it needed them because when i followed the link you put it was the same downloads. 

I ordered a c to hdmi yesterday from prime and today was able to use the laptop by using the tv as a monitor thou still nothing shows on the laptop screen even when trying to enter recovery from boot up. Also the screen (tv) blinks constantly to black then back to pc screen. Making it horrendous to use. This is constant, it stayed like that for the hour I tried to remove files I needed then it rebooted and now it won't even show on the tv. I will return it and more than likely go for an apple macbook pro I think it'll be worth the extra money I never had an issue with my last one right up until it going missing from the hotel 

No Events found!