Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 3rd, 2020 04:00

Intel Driver & Support Assistant claims there is one update available

Hi! Here an "almost happy" XPS user!

Following some recommendations on solving and still going issue with restoring after hibernation, I installed some Intel stuff in my great Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. One of these pieces of software, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, keeps reporting an available update although Dell Command | Update says I'm fully updated.

If I follow the link proposed by Intel Driver & Support Assistant, I reach Intel web site, but its software fails to detect or report on the available item. It shows the following screen:

Screenshot (69).png

I guess the failure is related to some protection service at the XPS avoiding to automatically install drivers' updated not coming from Dell, but the solution to some issues related with the video system of the XPS were solved by instaling updated Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 not available at Dell Command | Update, so my take is that the update system at Intel should be somehow reachable and operational.

Please, could you help me with this issue? How can I get the software requiring the update?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2020 08:00

Unfortunate, we aren't able to see your image yet, hopefully the forum moderator approve image soon enough. 

In meantime, you check in Device Manager to see if latest Intel Graphics driver (version 26.20.100.7263) from Dell, is correctly installed onto system? If no, type Device Manager onto [Cortana] search box, expand Display Adapters, right click Intel Graphic driver, select Properties, Driver, and then Check Version.

You could also right click Intel driver again, and select Update. Microsoft will automatically search for the latest Intel Graphic driver for the computer.

Please note Dell Command Update tool doesn't update every single drivers, firmware and applications from your Dell Product Support page. You can manually download / install any driver you feel necessary for the computer

Drivers & Downloads

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=drivers

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2020 14:00

The forum moderator finally approve your image, now I can see it.

Uninstall Intel Driver & Support Assistant by using Intel uninstalling tool in the link below. Reinstall Intel Driver & Support Assistant using same link. Hopefully Intel driver utility work normally

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Is Not Detecting My Device

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895/software/software-applications.html

EDIT Intel Article:

Capture.PNG 

May 3rd, 2020 15:00

Thanks! Problem solved! My XPS is now happing running a full set of updated drivers! I've already seen some interesting changes. Now, I'll move back to a pending issue related to recovery after hibernation. Perhaps it vanished with the update. I'll open a new thread if it remains in my system.

Thank you so much for your help!

No Events found!