Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2019 11:00

XPS 15 9560, Adobe Premiere Pro, Intel drivers too old

Hello!

I've experienced a rather annoying issue. After launching Adobe Premiere Pro this message pops up:

Annotation 2019-06-05 195336.jpg

SupportAssist and Dell Update both say I have the latest drivers installed, but you can see why I don't believe that. How can I update the drivers, so the program runs smoothly and actually uses the dedicated GPU instead of killing the Intel GPU instead?

Please help

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 25th, 2019 13:00

They are asking for the Intel HD Graphics 630 Driver 24.20.100.6286 or higher.

Version 23.20.16.4973, A06
Version 26.20.100.6951, A07

Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, which automatically checks for drivers on a regular basis and can provide notifications when new drivers are available.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 5th, 2019 18:00

No way to answer without any info at all. Model computer, operating system, plus the words in the error message. Only you can see the graphics.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 5th, 2019 22:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @cheekyclassy 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630

To better assist you, we would need the exact model number of your laptop/desktop???

U2

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERVICE TAGS!!!

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 6th, 2019 07:00

@cheekyclassy 

Did you try the Intel driver???

Regards,

U2

June 6th, 2019 07:00

The number is 9560, XPS 15.

June 7th, 2019 10:00

I'm sorry, didn't know what information I should provide.

Model: XPS 9560

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

CPU: Intel i7 7700HQ @ @2.80GHz

GPU1: Intel HD Graphics 630

GPU2: GeForce NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB

RAM: 16GB

Please specify what you mean by "Only you can see the graphics". Isn't the screenshot visible to anyone but me?

The message reads:

"VIDEO: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 v.23.20.16.4973

The current version of your Intel display driver may cause performance and stability issues. It is strongly recommended that you update to driver version 100.6286 or later. Drivers are provided by Intel or your computer's manufacturer. (...)"

June 7th, 2019 10:00

I went to Intel website but when I started the automatic drivers detection it showed that my drivers are up to date.

1 Message

June 9th, 2019 20:00

I have the same issue. Dell XPS 15

2 Posts

June 17th, 2019 22:00

Hi all,

I am Brian Williams, one of the developer leads on Adobe Premiere Pro.  The dialog contains a link you can click on to get more information.  We have some advice on things to try if your manufacturer does not have a later driver.  Here's a direct link to our article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

Expand the section titled "> Intel GPU driver update requirements" for more information and helpful articles from Intel on how to update your driver.  Please proceed with caution and be certain to create a backup of your system before trying the manual update process to the 100.6286 driver.

Brian Williams
briwilli@adobe.com

1 Message

June 27th, 2019 16:00

Has anyone found a fix for this? It's been weeks and my system is now unusable with adobe premiere. I have updated every driver available. This is a joke!

1 Message

July 5th, 2019 17:00

Hi Brian

This is a real issue for Dell XPS 15 9560 owners.

Our systems are already running the latest Intel display drivers. If we manually switch to the driver you are suggesting, the error message on PP goes away but the everything else becomes unstable - eg: video playback on other appliction is glitchy & flickery etc.

This is unnacceptable. I use this high-end laptop + CC for professional editing & everythimg worked fine until this update. Now i have to keep switching drivers back & forth to get my work done.

Please let me know this mess is being sorted out.

Thanks in advance

2 Posts

July 6th, 2019 20:00

I have the exact same issue with intel HD 4600 - Dell precision m6800 

Intel HD driver are up to date 

This is global issue with Dell Laptop Graphic driver 

I feel so sad that I've spent my money for this laptop ; I lost 1300$ in very bad screen resolution 1080p and every day problem 

Never again Dell Laptop 

This is rubbish rubbish 

2 Posts

July 6th, 2019 21:00

@briwilli wrote:

Hi all,

I am Brian Williams, one of the developer leads on Adobe Premiere Pro.  The dialog contains a link you can click on to get more information.  We have some advice on things to try if your manufacturer does not have a later driver.  Here's a direct link to our article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

Expand the section titled "> Intel GPU driver update requirements" for more information and helpful articles from Intel on how to update your driver.  Please proceed with caution and be certain to create a backup of your system before trying the manual update process to the 100.6286 driver.

Brian Williams

Who are you? And you work for Dell or Adobe? 

July 23rd, 2019 19:00

Same issue here with dell inspiron 15 gaming 7567 and  Intel® HD Graphics 630, except Intel says that if I update to the version Adobe recommends rather than Dells driver that my system may become unstable, as others have experienced!

Well, here's how I fixed the problem... I backed down to Premiere Pro 2018, which makes me very happy because I'm sick of paying money to Adobe to be a Beta Tester for them, and Premiere has been extremely buggy all year so far!  And since neither Dell, Intel nor Adobe seems to have a solution, I'm going to share mine!

Here's how to back down to previous Premiere Version:  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Here's how to make your projects backwards compatible:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJO4PlHASIs

1 Message

August 25th, 2019 11:00

i don't own a Dell. My machine is an HP Spectre x360 Convertible, and i have the exact same issue. Before the release of Premiere Pro CC 2019, my 2018 version of Premiere would crash, reliably, every time i opened it. The second time i opened it, it would be fine. i worked with Adobe tech support for hours and hours one day, as their tech guy swore up and down that the issue was the Intel GPU drivers. HP doesn't offer the latest driver for the machine, and try as we might, we could not get the driver from the Intel site to install. It just wouldn't "take."

i've recently updated to v 2019, and now, Premiere will randomly and intermittently restart my machine. So... that's super.

No Events found!