Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

June 12th, 2019 04:00

Issue with my DELL XPS 13

Dear Staff,

I have one issue with my laptop (DELL XPS 2in1 9365)20190612_123055.jpg When I press the turn on button, the black screen with dell logo appears and keeps being this way for about 5 minutes (as in the pic.). After that it turns off. Only on the second press of the turn on button, the laptop starts working. Can you please say what is the issue and how to solve this issue. Thank you.

Best regards,

Miras

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 12th, 2019 05:00

Something you could try is to turn off Fast Startup, Setings-System-Power & sleep-Additional power settings-"Choose what the power buttons do" in the upper left.   If a driver or device was involved, it may help but occasionally it does take some time for the system to come up.

When you bring the system back from low power mode or hibernation, you can use either the space bar or if in hibernation, hold the power button for about a second so the keyboard lights turn on.  If it is hibernating, you should see the spinning dots.

If it is actually shut down, you should see the spinning does and have to sign in. 

I cannot yet see your attachment..

2 Posts

June 12th, 2019 05:00

Then it does not make any make sense of changing so. Since the only problem I have is concern with the time it takes to turn on. Can you suggest something else? Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 12th, 2019 10:00

I would look in the Event Viewer to see if any repeating errors or warnings show up..

Try starting your system in Safe Mode to see if the Delay occurs.

Open msinfo32.exe and check the Components section to see if any problem devices show up.

Make sure all drivers and Bios are updated.  Possibly even a firmware update for a NVMe drive.

Remove any devices you can such as SD cards or external devices.

Have you made any configuration changes to your system?

247 Posts

June 12th, 2019 13:00

If you can access bios turn off secure boot and make sure the Windows Manager is first in boot order. Is it possible you tried to install Linux or another OS along side Windows? Otherwise shut down PC then power on hold  F12 then select diagnose and see if it finds any problems. 

No Events found!