S

2 Posts

February 24th, 2020 10:00

XPS 13 7390, Killer WiFi issues

In sept 2019 I purchased a XPS 13 7390. Over the next 5 months -
1). I spent over 60 hours on phone with Prem Support
2) Dell sent 3 techs to my house
3) I sent the laptop in 2 times

The issue was never resolved. Feb 2020 dell sent a replacement, new not refurbished. 20 days later and I have the same problem. I’m no longer wasting my time with any Dell product or tech support. This will never be resolved until Dell admits they sold us junk and fixes the problem permanently.

• 

25.7K Posts

February 25th, 2020 04:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 25th, 2020 07:00

Your initial description of your system was probably a typo but if you have the 7390, is it the 2-in-1 version?

Do you know what the link speed is for your local network?

Since the cards are basically physically identical to the Intel cards, possibly the drivers or some of the Killer Wireless software might be involved.

There are several threads here about this subject and a couple have a Killer Wireless Rep. which has given direct contact info for users, if you can find one of those..  Dell is pretty much limited to the installation of the card, which could certainly be a factor, and the drivers being used.  One thing I would do is go to the Killer Wireless site and download the newest drivers.  Then go offline, and uninstall the device and check the box to uninstall the driver.

Then install the downloaded driver and don't go back online until that has finished..  You only have to reinstall the drivers, the Control Suite is not required.

2 Posts

February 25th, 2020 07:00

you are right, typo - its a XPS 13 7390.

Yes, its the Killer wifi. I have read every thread, and tried solutions, of every thread on this site.

Even Dell cannot fix this.

thanks.

No Events found!