Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2018 08:00

Notification from Dell Update: The system has been updated

New Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10.  I've had this computer for 4 days and I get a notification from Dell Update that the system has been updated every time I restart the system.  When I go into Dell Update, it indicates that the last update was 3 days ago.  

1.  Is it normal that I get this notification upon every system restart?  Does it actually mean that the system is up-to-date?

2.  While Dell Update software does show what updates have been done to the system and the version number, it doesn't get any more info, e.g. data/time that update was applied, or summary notes of the update.

February 14th, 2020 09:00

@Monferrato 

Thanks for the help.  I've been having a private conversation with one of the Dell people, and he/she told me just the opposite !

I think I'll follow your instructions when I get time.

February 20th, 2020 01:00

Dear Moderators

What is the actual state of this "The system has been updated" anounce problem as of today,

February 20th 2020) since this forum has a serious problem to sort the messages according

to the date!

I see newer messages around pages 7 to 8 (newest February 14th 2020) followed by older

ones again from 2019. This sort order problem has already been mentioned by an other

user, but nobody seems to see and to try to fix this problem, too!

We also have this "The system has been updated" issue since weeks on our XPS 8930

computers with WIN Pro 64bit v1909 and DCU 3.1.

Is there any serious solution in sight the next few month as this is becoming more and

more boring? Many thanks in advance!

Wish you all a nice day!
Chris

• 

25.1K Posts

February 23rd, 2020 05:00

Hi, 

I hope you're doing well.

I have received an update from our product team. Our internal team is working for the next version which will resolve the issue. However, as of now, we do not have an ETA of when the next version will be released. You will be notified via our support site. 

You can keep a constant tab on our support site and that should resolve the issue. As of now, you can either uninstall the application or disable the notification, and continue to use or support assist application

-Prajesh

February 26th, 2020 01:00

Dear Prajesh

Fine, many thanks for your statement, so let' s patiently way for the new version.

Regards, Chris

February 29th, 2020 08:00

Hello Alan and all-

I have had this issue for several months, just as described in @OldHistorian 's Dec 19 post here. I saw it as more of a curiosity than a problem until I started trying to access my BIOS in an attempt to verify the boot sequence. (This because I want to be able to boot Linux from a DVD). I now suspect it may be a sign of a problem introduced by a BIOS update.

I have searched forums extensively and tried many times and ways to access the BIOS, including F2 at start-up and accessing UEFI settings via Windows settings:
Access UEFI (BIOS) System Setup from Windows on your Dell System.
Nothing works; I never get the option to enter the BIOS/UEFI settings.

I have come to suspect that my last BIOS update, prompted by Dell in the fall of 2019, may be the culprit, but I lack the expertise to determine this, and the chaos of the forums is not conducive to finding a reliable troubleshooting sequence.

Today I tried this routine, to no avail:
4. How to clear the BIOS, CMOS and NVRAM By Removing and Reseating the CMOS Battery

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Eric

System info: XPS 8930 from summer 2018, BIOS version 1.1.10, BIOS date 10/31/19

@Dell-Alan D @DELL-Cares 

1 Message

February 29th, 2020 13:00

Alan

I've had my Dell PC for several years, I'm seeing the "Dell System had been updated" frequently.  I didn't keep track, but I think it's daily, just enough to be annoying.

3 Posts

March 1st, 2020 08:00

Verified this is fixed with the latest Dell update utility on an XPS15-9560

5 Posts

March 1st, 2020 09:00

What's the Version # of the newest Dell Update utility?  I am still at 3.1 and when I ran the update again today, it was still reporting that the last time I ran it was in Dec. 2019.  A check for a more current version on Dell.com still reports V 3.1.0 as the most current download.  I don't think the issue has been fixed yet ! !

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

March 1st, 2020 10:00

Hi BillS_NC:

The support page for avpman's XPS 15 9560 at https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/product-support/product/xps-15-9560-laptop/drivers now list Dell Update version 3.1.1 (rel. 24-Feb-2020 for both the UWP and Win32 applications) as the latest version and the release notes include the following:

Fixes:

• Addressed the arbitrary file overwrite issues.
  • Fixed the issue where The system has been updated notification is displayed, when no updates are applied.
  • A system reboot is no longer applicable during self-update of Dell Update for Windows 10.

Enhancements:

• Updated the Json.NET library to 12.0.3 version.

What is your computer model?  Unfortunately, the support page for my Inspiron 15 5584 at https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/product-support/producDet/inspiron-15-5584-laptop/dr... still lists the old Dell Update v3.1.0 (rel.20-Nov-2019) as the latest available update and neither SupportAssist v3.4.1 or my Dell Update App for UWP v3.1.0 currently detect the new v3.1.1 update for Dell Update.
-----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.657 * Firefox ESR v68.5.0 * Windows Defender v4.18.2001.7 * Malwarebytes Free v3.8.3
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 05:00

March 2nd, 2020 05:00

Confirmed. Latest version of Dell Update has fixed the issue. Dell XPS 15 9575

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 09:00

While I no longer get the message after a reboot, it still shows incorrectly that Dec 18th was the last time I checked.  I've run the new version twice now and that date never changes.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 10:00

The fix is also available for XPS 15 9570, I installed it from driver page https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cadhs1/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers and confirmed that the "system updated" message box no longer appears upon reboot.  Hooray!  But as @Pushinit mentioned, the Last Check stays at 12/18/2019.  The Last Update stayed at 12/20/2019; however when I just now updated something else via the Check button, the Last Update moved to today.  Last Check remains at 12/18/2019.

1 Rookie

• 

28 Posts

March 3rd, 2020 05:00

The v3.1.1 A00 of the Dell Update Application does not apply to the PRECISION models, which also show the "system has been updated" false notification with DCU v3.1.0 .

This Febrary 2020 v3.1.1  seems to apply to Dell consumer brands, as mentioned both in the readme and in the download pages. 

For PRECISION models, there is a different download, the version 3.1.1 of DCU, file name "Dell-Command-Update-Update-Win32_PH01c_WIN_3.1.1_A00.EXE"  (dated 14/February/2020).

When installed on t7920 Win10 x64 1909, this v3.1.1 version does not show "The system has been updated" as a false notification. But it also is still broken in the sense that the "Last Check: Never "and "Last Update: Never"  both stay at Never, regardless of the number of times I run a check.

March 3rd, 2020 06:00

I updated my Inspiron 7390 2n1 today.  I no longer get the errant "System Has Been Updated" notification, but, as others have reported, the "Last Check" and "Last Update" dates are incorrect and never change.  I ran it today and it returned that my system was up-to-date, but I'm not sure how to verify if that's correct.

No Events found!