Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

June 3rd, 2020 23:00

Projector with Horizontal Line Static when connected to Dell XPS 15 7590 via HDMI

Hi,

When I connect my laptop to a projector via HDMI cable directly, the projected image has horizontal lines that's a little like static.

I've tried changing cables, resolution, power settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the intel UHD 630 driver. However, if I connect to the projector via a HDMI / USB converter, it seems to work fine, but I won't always be able to do that.

Note that when I connect the laptop to an external monitor, it works just fine. Also, I've tried OTHER laptops with the projector, and that works fine as well.

1 Message

October 27th, 2021 04:00

We have a similar problem. We use an HDMI-connected Optoma projector.  There are 1 or more single-pixel horizontal lines of white on the projected image with some visiting Dell and other laptops, sometimes flickering.  Other laptops work perfectly on this projector, and the "troublesome" laptops work correctly on other projectors. The laptops involved have all had native HDMI, not converted.  Could this be a driver issue?  I can't reproduce it with the laptops I have available, and the service agents can't find any problem with the projector.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  I'm wondering about trying an HDMI to VGA converter plus separate sound lead.

No Events found!