Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

August 25th, 2019 11:00

Re: XPS 15-9550, replacement battery?

I was sent the 9550 as a replacement. The last laptop went out due to inability to replace a keyboard. So this 9550 was sent to replace that PC. 

Because I bought the original computer more than 3 yrs. ago, I am not eligible for more than a "software warranty" at this point. This is a refurb. I had issues already with the touchpad and after sending it back to Dell countless times, they replaced the battery (unbeknownst to me and apparently them for a while) the battery had swelled and interfered with the touchpad. 

But this replacement battery is giving up now and has started swelling. And the right click is getting harder and harder (which was the problem a year or so ago that led to replacing the battery - at that time, under warranty) and becoming difficult to right click.

I know I'm SOL at this point.  Is there any remedy at all. Other than changing brands and buying a computer that actually WORKS and doesn't need sent back every 2 weeks??? I'm contemplating Lenovo or Toshiba. And what about Samsung. I admit I got spoiled with the 4k screen and will need that or I won't be able to edit pics at all. 

And - I am seeing there's no battery any longer to replace this one?? Dell, can you confirm? Why is my battery defective in the 1st place! Is this not a fire hazard or danger?? Swelling batteries do not sound good to me! 

My Service Tag: 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 27th, 2019 13:00

Thank you for your message. As per the records, I see that this case is handled by the Twitter team & they are setting up a service to replace the battery as the system is still under warranty.

They have requested for a few details, please share the same. I will keep a tab on this & keep you posted with the updates on private message.

2 Intern

• 

271 Posts

October 3rd, 2019 18:00

How do xps 15 9550 owners get new batteries then?  some of us still like using this laptop.

No Events found!