Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

18 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 08:00

Re: XPS 15 9570 - Problems with USB keyboard

This is also happening to me, on my brand new XPS 13.  I have disabled thunderbolt auto switching and C-States in bios as suggested, but the problem continues.  What in the heck is wrong?  Has Dell Acknowledged this?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 22nd, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. Have you observed this issue without any docking station connected?

Does it happen with a wired keyboard & mouse or any USB devices?

Disconnect the devices & turn off the computer. Connect the devices & turn on the system & check if the issue persists.

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

18 Posts

July 24th, 2019 04:00

Good morning! The laptop has USB-C only, so I can't directly connect it actually... I have only the provided C-A dongle but that would only get me one of the 2 so I'm not sure how you want me to test specifically.

Bios Version: 1.5.0

Dock: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZPV8DF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mouse and Keyboard are both USB/Wired into the dock through the Dell KVM on U3417W Monitor. The dock is connected to the thunderbolt port on the top left of the laptop. Keyboard is Dell, Mouse is Razor. I experience mouse freezes and keyboard "long presses/freezes" as others describe.

I have C states off. I have thunderbolt auto switching off. No change there. Thoughts?

No Events found!