Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2020 08:00

Studio XPS, inaccessible boot device

When I boot the laptop I get an inaccessible boot device.  I do not have a recovery disk or a Windows 10 install disk (it’s a legal copy, it’s my brother’s laptop). I’ve tried he repair options with no success.  When I ran CHKDSK I got a disk is write protected message.   The last repay option I got is  a screen to boot from another OS.  On that screen there were two options to boot windows 10, they both listed the same disk.  I selected the second option,  now the laptop is just spinning its wheels with the disk activity light flashing and a black screen.  It’s been doing this for about 15 minutes.  Is i doing anything or just hanging.   I didn’t want to shit it down if it was actually doing something.  If it is hung I’ll shut it off and try different CHKDSK options.

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2020 10:00

Updating what I have done so far.

The last thing I did was to completely reset the laptop, deleting all user personal data. 
After the reset completed I got a message stating that all user  files could not be deleted, if I was selling or giving away the laptop to run reset again.  When it booted I got the same boot disk inaccessible error.  Any suggestions on what to do next?

No Events found!