I came across a strange problem:
I use a Logitech Performance MX with the Unifying Receiver.
Usually I use the buttons with a custom setting,
so clicking the zoom-button will open the one-click search.
I set up the TB16 Dock yesterday with my XPS9570
and wasn´t able to use the assigned keys.
When opening the Logitech SetPoint Software to check the assignment,
my mouse was indicated as a LX5 model.
There are no other devices paired to the unifying receiver.
As the LX5 has less customisable buttons, my Performance MX lacks its functionality.
So I unplugged the Unifiying Receiver and plugged it into the XPS directly,
wich made Setpoint recognise the MX corrently with all assigned keys.
Plugging it back to the TB16 then showed the LX5 Mouse ID again.
There seems to be a misconfiguration of the TB16 wich changes the ID of the mouse.
Has anyone had the same issue or knows a solution to this?
The only difference would be that the TB16's USB ports run through an ASMedia USB to PCIe bridge chip because Thunderbolt 3 only natively supports PCIe and DisplayPort, so that bridge chip handles all of the USB traffic for the USB ports, Ethernet, and audio. If you haven't already, make sure you're running the latest release of the ASMedia USB xHCI driver from support.dell.com, and you may as well also update the TB16 firmware. If that doesn't resolve it, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Frankly I wouldn't really have expected that a bug in the firmware or the bridge chip driver would have changed how an attached peripheral was identified in the first place.
Unfortunately the fix didn´t last very long. The Problem seems to only occur after the XPS turns off the monitor after timeout and is waken up. This is generally very buggy because my monitor does not light up unless I open the XPS, and set the display options to external display again. If the XPS was in battery saving mode I even need to unplug and replug the Thunderbolt cable. So far the TB16 isn´t a smooth experience ;(
This is a long shot, but if you haven't already done this, try plugging the receiver into a USB 3.0 port on the TB16 if it's currently in one of the USB 2.0 slots, or vice versa.