Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

April 21st, 2019 11:00

Trackpad popping out

Bought a shiny new Dell xps 9370 only to realise one day later that the trackpad is popping out from the left top corner. The whole right edge is recessed conpared to the left edge of trackpad. The top left corner seems to be not in contact and coning out of chassis of the laptop and is unresponsive. Approx 15mm from top left corner towards the trackpad doesn’t recognise touch. What a **bleep** and absolutely pathetic quality Dell is serving.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 21st, 2019 12:00

April 21st, 2019 19:00

There isn’t any bulging in the area. Bottom of the same area is also fine and the laptop lies flat. The problem seems to be the Trackpad not fastened perfectly and is hence out from one corner and inside from the opposite diagonal corner. This is an issue as the corner which is out doesn’t register touch and is a dead zone. Plus it makes a click noise when pressed as the corner snaps underneath the chassis and then due to springbavk comes out again.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 21st, 2019 20:00

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for inconvenience surrounding your order. I will be glad to assist you with this.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, pictures of the touchpad, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!