Unsolved

D

3 Posts

June 6th, 2020 07:00

USB-C is not working

The USB-C is not working with android and Huawei tablet to transfer data 

I updated all drives but it does not solve 

June 6th, 2020 09:00

I had this happen...but it wouldn't work at all. I called Dell and they tried all different "software" and drivers fixes...it dragged on and on...and finally they replaced the port/part/etc. Being that your situation is "not working" for a specific task...is it working for everything else? If so, is it possible that there needs to be some app, software, or some "bridge" between a Huawei, which as you said is running Android? Sorry, wish I could help more.

73 Posts

June 6th, 2020 19:00

Hi, 

If, as your message suggests, the usb-c doesn't work for your phone ONLY but is OK for other "data" peripherals (ext hard drive,...) it could be the cable. Are you using a usb-c / usb-c cable?

Might sound a bit stupid but you should try a usb-c / usb-a dongle on the XPS side (often delivered with the phone) and then a good usb-a / usb-c cable from the dongle to the phone.. 

3 Posts

June 7th, 2020 04:00

it is not working with any phone but can read normal USB

73 Posts

June 7th, 2020 05:00

Hi @DelNaj 

Did you try my suggestion to use a dongle? I know it might sound stupid to go usb-c - - > usb-a - - > usb-c but I had similar issues and that did the trick for me. Not saying that doesn't work with the right usb-c / usb-c cable but I have at least 5 or 6 and none did work even though they work fine with an external usb-c hard drive. 

Just saying. 

3 Posts

I tried the USB-C /USB-C it works only on the right side not left same result for USB-c to USB-A left are not working but right is ok 

73 Posts

OK, sorry didn't see this message. 

Very strange indeed. 

No Events found!