Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

January 10th, 2019 19:00

XPS 13 9350 Fan Issue

A few weeks ago, my fan started making noises when it started - almost like it was getting stuck on something. Then, 4 days ago, on startup, BIOS kept giving me notifications that the fan was not working. I figured out that if i put pressure on the keyboard on the right side where the fan is located, it turns on, but this is a very temporary fix because every time I remove pressure, the fan stops again. I tried to tighten the screws, but they weren't loose. Does anyone have an idea of what might fix this?

9.4K Posts

January 11th, 2019 05:00

Hi golfr01,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately from what you've described, it appears the fan may have failed.  More than likely the fix for this would be to replace the fan.  Have you been able to open the case or check for debris or dust clogging the ventilation system?

If require further assistance and the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service response.

No Events found!