Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2019 13:00

XPS 13 9360 wifi Issue

I am facing internet connectivity issues on my XPS 13-9360.

When the laptop is under load (as soon as the fan turns on), the internet stops working, even though the wifi shows full bars.

This happens while on battery as well as when plugged in. My system has Intel 9260 network card.

As suggested in other threads regarding similar issues, and tried changing the roaming aggressiveness and wireless modes, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2019 20:00

There are many threads on Wi-Fi problems.  You might try running a trouble shooter or look at the downloads page to see if running the diagnostic for the specific component will help..

Since the 9260 card does not come as OEM equipment, did you replace the card yourself and is it behaving the same as the one it replaced?

I am a little concerned about the fan running, are you doing something to cause the system to heat up?  Those systems will heat up for different reasons but I don't see a Wi-Fi card causing one to do so.  Possibly heat is causing problems with the card, but it is located on the upper left of the case and my 9365 does heat up in that area..

• 

16.7K Posts

June 24th, 2019 06:00

Ayush02,

Unfortunately, based on the service tag number, the warranty has expired. You can wait for a reply from other community members or contact the Dell Out of Warranty Support Team by clicking here.

2 Posts

June 24th, 2019 13:00

Thank you for your response. I tried running the network card diagnostic on Dell SupportAssyst, but it did not flag any issues. I bought the laptop second hand, so can't comment if the network card has been replaced or not. \the seller did say that the laptop is stock, but he might be lying. I don't think the network card is causing system to heat up. If I am running only a couple of browser tabs and not much else, I never face this issue. Only under heavier load (specially when plugged in), when laptop heats up, this issue occurs.

247 Posts

June 24th, 2019 14:00

If its a Killer networking card and your running Windows 1803 or higher go to the Killer networking site and download their latest driver/software. It should solve your issues. Dell drivers are somewhat behind as Killer has just released a new driver package.

October 13th, 2019 23:00

I had the same problem , thanks to a comment that sort the problem out.  Its damn easy go to . Device manager , network adaptor , killer wireless right click properties , advanced , wireless mode , change the value to 03-11b/g .  That's all you have your wifi fixed .  I m using it for a month now no disconnection whatsoever.   Thank you 
No Events found!