Start a Conversation

Unsolved

EW

1 Message

March 17th, 2020 13:00

XPS 13 9380 Audio Issue still here after BIOS update

Hello,

I'm still experiencing the audio issue that was reported by many other users (crackling sound). I tried every solution proposed in other thread, including the update of the BIOS (currently using the latest version) and Realtek audio Driver. What can i do? It happens both with external sound and headphones. When i boot the XPS everything seems fine, but after some time it always starts loosing quality in sound. 

1 Message

July 25th, 2020 09:00

Same here. Only thing that works for me is the reboot to UEFI, disable audio, reboot to UEFI again, re-enable audio, and then it works for a little while. Everything (BIOS, drivers, Windows) is up to date. Pretty pitiful for a high-end laptop. I've tried to "permanently remove Waves MaxxAudio" solution from the old XPS 15 thread, but with it gone the laptop doesn't detect headphones being plugged in (or give the option to manually switch) and will only play through the speakers. Trying to edit video here and hating that I got this thing.

Interestingly, even if I plug my headphones into my external monitor (with the audio theoretically playing through the Intel chipset and not the Realtek audio) it does the exact same thing.

Someone in another thread tried to ascribe some shady origin to the Waves MaxxAudio but I'm pretty sure it's from Realtek. I have a Realtek audio chipset on my desktop motherboard (Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite) and Waves gets installed with it's driver. It works fine on my desktop, though. Maybe this is a Dell-specific version, or maybe Intel is the problem. My desktop is a Ryzen 7.

1 Message

December 24th, 2020 13:00

Same here, I have followed all the threads and solutions (bios, drivers, etc.), and I still have the issue after the follow up boot or back from standby.

Sometimes I have give up as they are periods when I less use the jack output, but when I need it, I'm back on this forum to see the last news. It seems the solutions work for some but not everybody.

I'm sick of it to be honest.

No Events found!