Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

December 3rd, 2018 11:00

XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575)- replacement laptop delivery timings

Hi , I ordered a XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575)- 4K screen on Nov/12/2018 to do my photo /video editing work. The laptop arrived on Nov/21 , with faulty 'space-bar key'- No travel / hard to register input through the key. As I had obtained premium support for an year , Dell sent a technician and a replacement part to replace. The replacement activity was carried out on Nov/26th . On the same day I realized the technician , while repairing the KB , possibly missed connecting back the wireless module . :-( I agreed for a replacement laptop Nov / 28 and Dell created a replacement order on Nov/30 . Only thing that baffles me that the replacement order states to be delivered by Jan/01/19- which is about a month away .. Clearly , my work would suffer , should I have to wait for that long .. Just wants to know about the realistic replacement time-frame practiced by Dell, so that I could take an informed decision. Best \ Subu

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 4th, 2018 04:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order.

Ideally, the timeframe in the US for a replacement is 7-10 business days & is based on part availability. Since this is a new system & has to be built as new  & also being a holiday period, there could be further delay in procurement. The system will be built in the manufacturing facility & shipped to the US.

I would like to look into this for you. For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag/ order number, registered name & email address.

No Events found!