Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

38 Posts

August 10th, 2019 05:00

XPS 15 7590, 240W USB-C TB16

Hi everyone, I have a serious problem with my brand new laptop and the Dell 240W USB-C TB16 dock station.

1) the usb connected to the dock station are detected and viewed from windows 10 only after the login (password) so I cannot use the keyboard and the mosue connected to the dock before login. in fact the classic USB connection notification noise alert occurs only after logging in to windows

2) the Wacom Intuos Pro graphics tablet does not work connected to the dock station. works directly connected to the laptop

3) the mouse connected to the dock station has delays (lag) while I use it

4) the keyboard freezes while I'm writing (example helooooooooooo)

I think the problem is the thunderbolt connection and the dock.

important: up until a week ago I used a DELL XPS 15 9516 with the same hardware and the same dock station and I never had any problems!

please help me

1 Rookie

• 

38 Posts

August 10th, 2019 11:00

thank you! after updating the FW, the usb graphics tablet would also SEEM to work with c-state active ... I always have the problem that at login no usb and eth are detected ... i have last bios, i have updated thunderbolt driver. I updated ASMedia usb drivers...

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 10th, 2019 09:00

If you haven’t already, go to the TB16 page on support.dell.com and get the latest ASMedia USB drivers and dock firmware. Then check the page for your system and get the latest BIOS, Thunderbolt software, and system TB3 controller firmware, in that order. Alternatively, if the TB16 is new, you might consider returning it for a WD19TB, which is the TB16’s replacement, and although it’s admittedly still early, it doesn’t seem to have as many reliability issues as the TB16 has.

1 Rookie

• 

38 Posts

August 10th, 2019 10:00

now i try with TB16 page support... but disabling C STATES in bios now the tablet works!!! I always have the problem that usb and network card are not recognized before logging in to windows 10

1 Rookie

• 

38 Posts

August 10th, 2019 10:00

firmware uptated! It not works before windows login...

I remembered one thing: yesterday it worked ... today I updated the bios via DELL update software !!!

now i try to enable C State after the fw update to verify if the tablet works!

No Events found!