Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2019 22:00

XPS 15-7590, black screen, #3 SOLVED

Adding data to the other two XPS 15-7590, black screen threads. My first new XPS 15 7590 Windows OS Crashed. After reinstallation along with drivers and associated programs directly from the Support Assist website, I discovered some of the programs are not included after an OS reinstall (Dell Cinema Color, OLED Power Plan etc.).  Dell's support would not send me a factory laptop hard drive image, so they had to send me a new laptop. The new laptop they sent me had the BLACK SCREEN ISSUE (random turn off) I confirmed in the error messages troubleshooting section of the Device Driver section of Windows, the graphics card stop and had a problem restarting and isolated to the OLED panel (not the external ports).  I thought at first it was a software issue (driver related)?  However, I confirmed it is a hardware issue.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 11th, 2020 08:00

Hi,

I see that Technical support has contacted you with an update from the product engineering team and also they have taken control of the system and performed the steps and as you requested the remaining steps have been shared through email. If you have any concerns I would request you to please drop me a message here.

-Vivek

1 Message

January 15th, 2020 20:00

My sister had this same issue with the animated gif search on Twitter. She updated Chrome and the problem was resolved. We do not know if it will happen in any other applications, but for now it seems to be resolved. 

• 

25.1K Posts

January 21st, 2020 13:00

Hi,

Greetings!

I see that the technical support has found an issue with the Video stress test which failed and as you are in India they have referred you to the out of warranty team.

As the system is bought in the United States and you are in India now our scope of support is limited as the system doesn't have an international warranty.

So, I would request you to please contact our out of warranty team in india for further support.

-Vivek

No Events found!