Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

April 6th, 2020 23:00

XPS 15 7590 disconnecting Wifi - my solution

Hello,

I experimented recently constant wifi disconnection on my XPS 15 7590, most of the time I had to execute diagnostic process from Windows and the connection was going back.

I fixed the issue and i have no problem anymore since the following modification.

From System and device management, find the Killer Wifi 6 Ax1650 and click on properties, then Advanced Tab, find the MIMO power save management and set the value to disabled.

Tell me if it works on your side.

Cheers,

RunM

• 

25.7K Posts

April 7th, 2020 17:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Message

October 26th, 2020 10:00

I recently had the same problem. My Wifi was disconnected after my laptop was running in standy mode. The worse thing was I had so much trouble turning on the WiFi afterward. Under device manager, it showed the driver was not working. I was using the latest driver I got from Dell (21.110.1.1). Reinstalling the older version of the driver did not solve the issue. I was trying to use the uninstaller from Killer site and reinstall the latest driver. No luck. To cut the story short, I disable the WiFI from the BIOS and reenable it made my WiFi showing up again. Then, I follow this thread and change my driver's setting of MIMO power save mode to "no SMPS". It seems to be working again. Thanks.

No Events found!