Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2019 12:00

XPS 15 7590, disconnecting Wifi

I got less than a week ago an XPS 15 7590 with a Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0 card.

An since then this laptop won't stay connected to my wifi for more than 5 minutes, requiring me to manually reconnect every time.

I work with different laptops all the time (and recently I also got a Latitude) none of them has any issue with my wifi.

I also tried disabling drivers, using older versions, going for the most up to date drivers from Killer, and changing the wireless mode.

My latest attempt was to follow the instructions here: (https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9370-disconnects-from-WiFi-even-in-high-performance/m-p/7276438#M26893)  - which did not work.

I definitely need some help here.

Thanks

13 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 23:00

Hi @Nelis_ ,

I tried your workaround, but my wifi did not work.

Should I do something besides the installation?

• 

17K Posts

September 5th, 2019 05:00

Nelis_

I see that you have contacted Dell chat for resolving the issue with the network card. Did they resolve the issue?

13 Posts

September 5th, 2019 19:00

@DELL-Jesse L No.

No one contacted me until now, except for your message.

• 

17K Posts

September 6th, 2019 03:00

Nelis_

I see that you have contacted Dell chat for resolving the issue with the network card. Did they resolve the issue?

• 

17K Posts

September 6th, 2019 05:00

paulotcj,

Click the links below for troubleshooting and resolving wifi disconnects.

Connecting and Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues on Your Dell Computer

Wireless Networking Issues

1 Message

September 7th, 2019 05:00

Same issue here. I found a working solution.

My network dropped every 3 minutes on 5 ghz wifi. Apparently switching the wifi card to an intel one works. Dell refused to do so on even though I paid 2200$ for this laptop.

So my working solution is to send dell their overpriced **bleep** back and buy another laptop from a company that gives a **bleep** about its customers.

You should do, too otherwise dell keeps selling people trash for a lot of money.

September 7th, 2019 07:00

Hi All,

In most cases, issues related to Killer networking products can be resolved by ensuring you have the latest drivers and software loaded from support.killernetworking.com as we continue to provide frequent updates to our drivers/software (this is especially important since MSFT updates can impact networking).

If you continue to see issues even after taking these steps, our support department can look at a diagnostic file to help root cause what other environmental or software conflicts may be occurring. Please reach out to them by submitting a ticket here: http://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/

Regards,
Thomas
Killer Networking

10 Posts

September 9th, 2019 02:00

Hello Jesse,

So far the issue has not been resolved. On the request of Dell Support i reinstalled the OS (through Dell recovery assist). But this also did not resolve it. (tested it on multiple locations) Wifi drops on 2.4  and 5ghz networks.

Dell support confirmed that there are troubles with the killer driver from the killer card. So far no "software"  solution have fixed the issue.

At the moment i just want to get the Killernetworking card replaced by something else. i shouldn't have to spend 2.5 weeks diagnosing a networking issue on a brand new laptop.
Dell support will not send a technician once they confirmed it was reinstalled, and checked some other things (understandable but still.. Dont have the laptop with me at the moment.)

Nelis

• 

17K Posts

September 9th, 2019 04:00

paulotcj,

Did the information resolve the wifi issue?

• 

17K Posts

September 9th, 2019 09:00

paulotcj,

Apologies, click here for connecting and troubleshooting internet connectivity. Also, disable the Smartbyte application.

13 Posts

September 9th, 2019 09:00

Hello @DELL-Jesse L 

One of your links is broken to me <Connecting and Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues on Your Dell Computer>, and I checked the other article and its subsequent links with 'general' tips to troubleshoot a wireless network.

This is not my case as I switch between 4 laptops at this very same spot (Macbook Pro, Avell, Dell Xps, Dell Latitude), and this XPS is the only one which keeps dropping its connection every couple of minutes.

I guess it might be drivers, windows or a faulty network card.

• 

17K Posts

September 9th, 2019 10:00

Nelis_,

Apologies, I will need to see if I can get approval for swapping the card out. Disable the Smartbyte application and let me know if that helps the issue.

10 Posts

September 9th, 2019 12:00

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sticking with us. Noticing some threads about Smartbyte giving some networking issues, however i'm not seeing this app installed on my xps.

13 Posts

September 9th, 2019 20:00

Hi @killernetworking , at this moment there's nothing I would love more than to fix my issue with a simple driver update.

However, as you can see in this thread, we have already tried that. Unless there is something more recent that your 'KillerPerformanceSuite_2.1.1313_UWD_x64'  installation.

13 Posts

September 9th, 2019 20:00

@DELL-Jesse L 

"paulotcj,

Did the information resolve the wifi issue?"

Nope!

No Events found!