Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2021 01:00

XPS 15 9500, DMC not working?

After running Dell mobile connect for some time on my 2020 XPS 15 9500 the latest update is suddenly telling me 'Sorry, but this system does not have the minimum requirements for running Dell Mobile Connect'. Like what?

Help, please?

10 Posts

January 28th, 2021 00:00

Nope, that didn't work for me. My laptop genuinely IS a Dell XPS from 2020.

5 Posts

January 28th, 2021 02:00

Thanks, it works with Vostro like this (of course):

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d "DELL_VOSTRO"

The 1st command was not necessary.

Anyway, I do not think we should do this. DELL should.

January 28th, 2021 07:00

I agree that Dell should, but I'm also curious as to why some systems have this problem and some do not.

9 Posts

January 28th, 2021 08:00

Hello Dell G7 (7590) Same Issue

Did you try the solution above substituting "DELL_G7" for "DELL_XPS"?

9 Posts

Yes, I tried @Mike Schmieg .

9 Posts

@Mike Schmieg  "REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d "DELL_XPS"

Hello

Didn't work on a Dell G7 (7590)
Although I even tried typing "DELL_G7" instead of "VOSTRO"

5 Posts

May I ask how you figured out you needed to add these registry entries? Always been curious how people determine these things.

I'm not that computer savvy, at least Windows savvy, to have figured it out on my own. I suspected that it was something in the registry, but I wasn't positive of that. I blocked out a couple of hours to do nothing but google searches for combinations of words including Dell Mobile Connect, does not meet minimum requirements, fails to load and a number of others. I finally found a site which offered several solutions to this exact problem. Unfortunately, I did not note the URL and I since have not been able to find it again. I did keep notes as to several of the suggested solutions and posted the one here that worked. The one I posted was for the Dell XPS, but the same applies for other Dells, you just have to use "DELL_INSPIRON" or "DELL_G7" or whatever your model designation is. It also works for Vostro doing the same thing.

40 Posts

January 28th, 2021 10:00

Hello,

Yes, I did run the command as Administrator and I do have all the keys as you described, but not working for me

2021-01-28_17h59_15.jpg2021-01-28_18h00_09.jpg

January 28th, 2021 10:00

Did it add the keys to the registry? If not, you can manually do that. If the keys were properly added and it's still not working, I have no idea unless there is a different problem for some. This is the report that the machine does not meet the minimum standards for the software, correct?

9 Posts

January 28th, 2021 13:00

I finally found a solution to this problem on my machine. Apparently, the new version of DMC has a new identification requirement which was resolved by opening an administrator level command prompt and entering the following two commands.

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v OEMID /f /t REG_SZ /d DELL

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d "DELL_XPS"

This returned operations to normal without even requiring a reboot.

--- Mike

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!! 

THANK YOU!

22 Posts

January 28th, 2021 14:00

No need to uninstall, just run the 3.0 version.  All is well with the world again.

9 Posts

January 29th, 2021 07:00

@Mike "Did it add the keys to the registry?" - yes did it "This is the report that the machine does not meet the minimum standards for the software, correct?" - Yes That Report...

1 Message

January 29th, 2021 08:00

Found this on Reddit and it worked brilliantly on my 9500.

I finally found a solution to this problem on my machine. Apparently, the new version of DMC has a new identification requirement which was resolved by opening an administrator level command prompt and entering the following two commands.

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v OEMID /f /t REG_SZ /d DELL

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d "DELL_XPS"

This returned operations to normal without even requiring a reboot.

No Events found!