Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2019 16:00

XPS 15 (9550) No bootable devices found and can’t add boot

BHey guys,

My laptop is no longer loading up and is coming up with a ‘no bootable devices found’ error message. I had a look at other posts with the same issue which suggested adding a new boot option. However when I have tried to do this it does not allow me and says ‘File system not found’. My boot is set to UEFI, I saw in another post that that’s important. I should also mention that at the top (above the Legacy/UEFI part) I have no boot options at all - it’s all blank. I restored settings to try and fix it and I’m worried I’ve deleted something instead - I’m not sure if there were no boot options at all before.

Also just before all this started it came up with an error message and QR code (I’ll put a photo below as it’s not letting me attach it to this post) which doesn’t show up anymore, but is suggesting there is a hardware issue. It’s a new laptop with a recently replaced battery (as I over charged the original) so I am confused as to what is going on. 

Could you help/explain in the clearest English as well please? 😅 I know nothing about computers just been trying to learn online 

A little stressed as I’m job applying and all my applications are saved on the laptop! 

4 Posts

February 19th, 2019 08:00

Hi Robert, Thank you for your reply and your help. I did an HDD test as you suggested and it said there was a hardware problem. The laptop was not bought with a warranty so I will contact the team for a quote. Many thanks!

4 Posts

C0FE6256-8C5E-49E8-AD8D-B7F18BDFF7CA.jpeg

Irritatingly my iPhone isn’t letting me correct this upside down-nessIrritatingly my iPhone isn’t letting me correct this upside down-ness

4 Posts

Sorry for how long winded this post has become, im really grateful for any help with this at all!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 19th, 2019 06:00

Hi Lc2121,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately from your post and pictures, it would appear that it's possible that your hard drive is having a problem.  Have you been able to run a HDD test on it?  Please press F12 at startup and run the hard drive diagnostics.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Troubleshooting Hard Drive

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!