Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

November 26th, 2019 16:00

XPS 15 9560 Realtek Audio Mic problems

I have had my XPS for a couple years now and have never had any audio issues. Recently however, I have completely lost the ability to use a mic. I use a headset that functions as headphones +microphone. I have tried other headsets and run into the same issue. I can receive sound through the headset, but the computer does not detect the mic at all and nothing pops up anywhere in sound settings regarding the headset. I have tried uninstalling drivers, updating drivers, reverting to old drivers... None of this solved my issues. I have installed the MaxxAudioPro application from the microsoft store and everytime I open it it says my drivers are out of date, but I have installed the most recent drivers several times... The computer mic works fine and it just defaults to that, but I need to use my headset microphone. Any help would be appreciated, and I can provide more info if needed.

10 Posts

November 29th, 2019 06:00

I'm having a similar issue with my XPS 15 9575. Audio works ok, but I can't use headphones or the audio app. I get the same out of date error even though I have the latest audio update released by dell. The waves audio app is garbage. 

No Events found!