TORM3NTO
1 Copper

XPS 15 9570 - 4k Monitor - Issue on high contrast areas and low light during video reproduction

Hello everyone I'm experiencing a very annoying issue while playing movies from Netflix and Youtube.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-18 at 23.35.38.jpegIn this picture I took it's actually still acceptable. I sometimes can see almost nothing. The different shades of black have some magenta and other colors in them.

What could it be? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TORM3NTO
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 - 4k Monitor - Issue on high contrast areas and low light during video reproduction

UPDATE:

After doing some research online, I found out that by opening the Intel Graphics Control Panel and just moving the color gamma from Vivid to Natural and back to Vivid again, the color gamma goes back to normal and it did! Although the user also said that the problem would reappear once rebooting. The post I read was for the same problem but on the XPS 15 9550 and it's still relevant in the 9570 which is unacceptable. Did anyone find a permanent fix? Is it a problem from Intel's side or Dell's? Thanks again!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Re: XPS 15 9570 - 4k Monitor - Issue on high contrast areas and low light during video reproduction

TORM3NTO,

What is the model of the monitor you are using on the laptop? 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
TORM3NTO
1 Copper

Hello, 

Sorry I meant that my XPS 15 9570 has the 4k touchscreen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

TORM3NTO,

Click the link below to update the Intel Graphics.

xps 9570 Drivers

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos

TORM3NTO,

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos