Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

@Hirnfleisch I did not test it with an external DAC.  I spent a lot of time with Dell support unsuccessfully trying to resolve the issue.  After their re-installs did not fix the issue, they could not give me any assurances that an external DAC would do so, or that if I sent the laptop in for repair Dell knew how to fix the problem, so I returned the laptop.  Unfortunate, since I otherwise really liked the laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Hirnfleisch I have not been able to do an extensive test, but I did wait until I had the crackling and then plugged in the DAC Focusrite and there is no crackling.  I plan on doing some more tests to see if I can reproduce or trigger the crackling and switch between devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

have the same problem for months now. it "only" occurs with livestreams (facebook or other), youtube videos, podcasts, facebook videos. with gaming its ok and spotify.

any help from dell?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Same issue, but thats not all for me, mine 9570 does this thing: When I make video content and have my music on one tab, then I play the video that Im editing with the music, a very bizzare sound occurs and then I have to restart the whole computer just to get sound working again. It wouldnt bother me so much if there wasnt another issue: apart from cracking sound, unexpected sound device failures (Happened 3 or more time that I played music on iTunes and sound stopped working), my "Sound card" as I call it, because it occurs both in headphones and on onboard speakers, is trying to produce "surround" sound and i hear the sound from distance even when the function is turned off. I bought this laptop 5 months ago and I didnt expected I would have to deal with those problems.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Nothing fixes it. I will try to return the laptop as it's been plagued with other issues since I bought it. This is really poor. Will never buy another Dell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

To solve the problem go to this page and follow the instructions. It may seem a little bit difficult but it's worth it.

It works for me (xps 9570) and I'm on cloud nine now.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thank you so much @dwil233

problem looks solved + sound is way more clear than before + can go way louder.

they should charge dell for this update. Took my 15minutes to to the upgrade compare to hours trying to solve this problem with dell customer service (they change my motherboard, speakers, sound card with no results...)

Where is dell customer service management responsible for theses issues doing ?

My XPS is honestly the best i ever seen. Light, fast, long battery life, efficient, smooth to use. Dell customer service is fast to respond.

However this issue should have been taken care of way more effienciently. Everyone would have save time and money....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@dwil233 or @PierreVR . Can anyone provide a video tutorial to install this driver? Im not too confident reading the instructions.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping --ALSO ON 9360!

Jump to solution

Happening on both XPSs ! 

15- 9570 AND 13 - 9360 special edition

Any assistance would really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Wow. Just my luck.

Had my 9570 for a week. No signs of 'crackling', was just on this thread trying to impove the sound of the laptop in general (not liking the 'hollow' sound). But after reading this thread and getting home, guess what!? Crackling & popping! Turning on spacial sound does work, but hopefully the modded driver will fix the problem without any ill side effects.

0 Kudos