Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

April 13th, 2020 17:00

XPS 15 9570 Integrated Graphics issues with major FPS drops

Hello, I have the UHD Graphics 360 integrated graphics with the GTX 1050 Ti. When playing simple games like Minecraft and Rocket league I have no problem running it for the first about 20 minutes then there are significant FPS stutters. When looking at the task manager during these problems I notice that my integrated graphics 3D% usage goes up to 100% during these stutters and my 1050 ti usage goes down. I've put my 3d settings preferred processor to "High-performance NVIDIA processor". I have no idea why this is happening. I've redownloaded all the drivers so they're all up to date. Please help, Thanks!

Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 GPU Pipeline Data Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Fixed Transformation and Lighting Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Wireframe Line Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Wireframe Shader Rendering Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering DX10 Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering DX11 Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Multiple Rendering DX9 Test  Cannot Run
Video Card Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Transformation and Lighting Stress Test  Cannot Run

489 Posts

April 14th, 2020 01:00

This could be ordinary thermal throttling... 

To confirm, use HWinfo64 to monitor CPU and GPU temperatures and clocks, and CPU package power. If your GPU clock drops, FPS drops are inevitable. 

To fix, try undervolting, and ,when gaming, restricting CPU (package power or clock multiplier or disable CPU turbo). 

1 Message

June 23rd, 2020 00:00

I've been getting this for a few months too. Dell customer support was no help. There seems to be scattered reports of this all over the internet.

Best guess I have is that when the temperature hits a certain point it switches the graphics cards - and this switch causes these big lag spikes.

I don't think we'll buy Dell again.

No Events found!