Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2019 10:00

XPS 15 9570 WHEA_Uncorrectable Error (Almost Solved)

* No more BSOD after disabling the Intel Graphics Display adapter and just using the Nvidia Graphics *

My client brought me a six month old Dell XPS 15 9570 that was crashing regularly with the WHEA_Uncorrectable Error blue screen.
He spent hours on the phone with Dell support and they finally told him to do a clean install at which point he brought it to us. (only had basic hardware warranty and all diagnostics passed)
-We formatted his SSD and did a clean install of W10 1903
-We then tried to install drivers but could not download as it was blue screening frequently. 

Should a clean install crash by default on this model?
-Downloaded latest drivers on another computer and transferred.
-Installed drivers in Dell proscribed order: Chipset, Audio, Intel Video, Nvidia, and the rest
-Then ran Support Assist which found 3 more.
-Still crashing intermittently

Ran Intel Driver Utility which found a much newer Intel Video driver, but it stopped in the middle of  installing, telling me to check with the manufacturer for their version.

Should we try installing the previous Dell version of the Intel video driver?
Maybe this was brought on by Dell Support pushing the newer driver?
This all started about the time that driver was installed in September 2019

Or could this be a defect in the Intel Graphics chip on the processor?

Thanks for any responses.
jorsing

2 Posts

November 6th, 2019 10:00

No Blue Screens for 3 days after following the instructions MrTFT posted in
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-7590-Freezes-frequently/td-p/7384683

Uninstalled the Intel Display Driver and its software and just using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

Had tried using the previous version of the Dell Intel Video driver but that crashed in less than 24 hours.

Why can't Dell post an Intel display driver that will work?
Why is it blue screening immediately after a clean install of Windows 10 1903 ?
My client bought a top of the line XPS 15. This is unacceptable.
This must be a hardware issue and Dell should replace this lemon.

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2019 12:00

I have been fighting this issue for a few months now. Dell replaced my motherboard and it still has the same issue. My warranty runs out in a couple days. Very frustrating. I guess I will be extending my warranty to buy me time until Dell figures this out. I will try removing the driver and see if it helps.

1 Message

November 25th, 2019 05:00

I have the same issue. Try connecting your laptop to an external monitor the bsoding  will completely stop. It is a very bad solution but it at least enables me to keep working for now. 

March 9th, 2020 09:00

Same exact issue, same laptop. Any REAL fix?

No Events found!