Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2018 07:00

XPS 15-9570, keyboard skipping keys

Hi,

I saw the post about the XPS 13 9370 having this same issue. I'm also experiencing it with my XPS 15 9570. It looks like a BIOS update fixed it for that machine. Do we know when there will be an update for the 9570 o address this issue?

68 Posts

January 12th, 2019 23:00

#dontgetadelldude

68 Posts

January 12th, 2019 23:00

#**bleep**

2 Posts

January 18th, 2019 20:00

Intel® Graphics Settings?? Who'd thought? But it sure as **bleep** works. THANK YOU!. No thanks to Dell support who wanted to send a tech to replace my keyboard!

19 Posts

January 23rd, 2019 07:00

Has anyone tried the 1.7 bios? That may help. Have found out the next version of XPS15 will have an 4K OLED display, out in March. I will give that a go, and by then the key problems should be sorted out!

February 7th, 2019 08:00

I've just created a new post for this. I have a brand new XPS 9570 (2 weeks old). I have updated everything to the latest (Windows and Dell updates) including the 1.7 BIOS and have turned off panel refresh and I still see this issue...

19 Posts

February 8th, 2019 08:00

Wow,

Like I have said to everyone, get your money back ASAP.

Surprised you got one so near the 2019 version coming out! 

February 8th, 2019 15:00

@Swerving- It was a company purchase so I just got the best (Dell) laptop I could. I have had 2 XPS before and the last one lasted 8 years and is still going so I'm pretty happy although I know they always come with a bunch of teething problems usually software related. Once you get over the issues they've been fine. I've already had and fixed the doesn't wake from sleep issue. I do wonder if Dell actually bother doing any real world testing of their products.

I use mine for work not gaming so the throttling issues (assuming they still exist) don't bother me too much. I'm pretty happy with it apart from the Keyboard thing. I'm sure it's a software issue of some sort, but God know what it is!

If I can't sort it out in the next couple of weeks it'll go back as I really can't put up with the typing experience for coding..

19 Posts

February 9th, 2019 01:00

Point taken about it being a company laptop.

Try downloading the video driver for the Intel chipset directly from the Intel site, and not the one from Dell.  You can always roll back the driver.  AS far as I can remember it did alleviate the problem, but I did loose the right click Intel properties on the desktop.

At present I have an old XPS15z which is 8 years old, and needs replacing as some keys are playing up, a lot of trim is missing and it has been dropped on one corner so it is bent & broken!  Still going though, and I think I can wait for the new version to be released, which should be soon.

Good luck with getting it sorted in the next couple of weeks, I bought mine in May 18, and it is still a problem.  That was why I sent it back.  If the problem is still with the new version, I will send it back straight away, and not wait weeks for Dell to "try" to sort it.  Last time they were asking to re install the operating system, update all the drivers in a specific order, and then wanted to replace the keyboard.  I had had enough with all that for a brand new £2500 machine!

February 9th, 2019 03:00

@Swerving Thanks and good luck with the new one. I already tried the latest (legacy) Intel graphics drivers to no avail and Windows update downgraded it again when it next ran.

One other odd thing I've noticed is the backlights on my wired keyboard flash occasionally too as if the USB port is losing power, although other peripherals are fine.

It does feel like some sort of driver issue, it happens when the keyboard is plugged in directly to the USB port or via a dock.

I guess good questions are why doesn't everyone have this issue, does it only affect external keyboards, is there some common denominator? 

Maddening!

4 Posts

April 11th, 2019 06:00

Hello,

I am having issues with skipping keys or keys not inputting (mainly q, w, e), as well as not being able to input a capital q, w, e using the shift key.

I have tried advice from this thread and also here: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-9570-mouse-keyboard-lag-and-repeating-keys/m-p/7280474#M27134

Howeever, nothing seeems to work. Can anyone advise at this time?

1 Message

May 8th, 2019 06:00

Hi, I have the same problem on Precision 7520.

Pls help

1 Message

May 9th, 2019 07:00

This is plain stupid. And Dell does... nothing?  I've disabled the Intel videocard and that does the job. Works fine with an external monitor, but not with the 9570's own (4K) screen because brightness is to low. And there is no way to use the brightness adjustment with the NVIDIA-adapter... [UPDATE] switching off the Intel videocard creates lots of other issues. So... no workaround.

19 Posts

June 29th, 2019 10:00

NEW XPS15 2019 OUT NOW GUYS.  MIGHT HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEMS!

If anyone has bought one of these can they let us know if things are fixed.  I have Dell phoning me for the last few days offering a 17% discount if I buy before the end of June 2019.

I still am very cautious about a purchase until I hear they have fixed the issues. 

19 Posts

July 19th, 2019 12:00

Just committed and ordered the new 2019 XPS15. Will let you know if the problem has been sorted, should get it by 9/8/19

19 Posts

August 1st, 2019 10:00

Well it arrived today, and guess what, the screen kept blanking out during setup!!!!! Money back again!! What a load of  these Dell machines are

No Events found!