Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Xps 15 9570 performance has tanked.

Bump @Dell-Alan D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I am having the very same issues as OP on my 9570, is there a fix out there?

Highlighted
2 Bronze

I just wanted to right and confirm I am having same issue with dell xps 9570, latest bios as of today, latest gpu driver as today, I even added apps manually to nvidia 3d gpu to force to use gpu, I am getting extremely slow fps when I starts apps or games such as WOW 17-21 FPS, when GPU is working properly after reboot, I have vsync enabled to give me 60fps and I finally hear the GPU fans kick in. I have taken screen shots. Also contacted customer support and they are denying issue, i just emailed them again today so they can start the return process as I will be going with a Razor and I encourage everyone else to return there pc.

Highlighted

Same problem here after few new windows installations and few hours on Technical support line still issue isnt fixed.This rendered my Dell xps 15 9570 completely useless. Problems started after latest version of BIOS.

Highlighted
3 Argentum

The main GPU issues started with 1.3.1. Every subsequent BIOS appears to either remove features/performance or break something else... I now have a list of issues. This laptop is somewhat of a joke to use professionally. My 8 year old desktop runs smoother with no GPU issues or high DPC audio crackle. I can't even edit a basic HD video smoothly because of the GPU slowdowns, audio crackle and apps crashing.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Updated-Dell-confirms-that-it-is-fixing-the-XPS-15-9570-GPU-issue-that...

I have confirmed a list issues with Dell Pro Support in Sydney after wasting a month with low-level techs. The guy I spoke to mentioned a GPU cold throttling fix was on the way and that he was also looking into the high DPC audio latency/crackle issue for a DJ.

If Dell doesn't provide a solution to the issues before the end of January - I will return the laptop and suggest you do as well.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

BIOS 1.7 may have fixed the temperature bug, but frame drops and performance is still absolutely abysmal due to broken GPU switching. Dell still hasn't even released an Nvidia driver compatible with Windows build 1809... so you have to use the standard Nvida site driver... They bar you from installing the latest intel gfx drivers.

My 8 year old core i7 desktop runs smoother and doesn't have issues such as audio crackling/latency, skipping keys and BSODs.

Has the company cut back on staff, under terrible management, have incompetent engineers, paid of reviewers? This is NOT how a flagship product should be ...

Highlighted
2 Bronze

I can confirm I still have frame drops every few seconds too despite BIOS update 1.7, for instance playing CSGO I've got a good 80+ fps and every 3-4 sec it drops to 15fps for a split second, it's really annoying. I've had the opportunity to compare with a XPS 15 9550 we have at home too and although the video card is weaker and the overall framerate is lower it is much more constant and in the end much nicer to use... Please, please fix this, currently any shooter game is simply unplayable for me on this laptop. Btw I've got the i7 + 1050Ti + SSD 512 specs
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Kelsett wrote:
I can confirm I still have frame drops every few seconds too despite BIOS update 1.7, for instance playing CSGO I've got a good 80+ fps and every 3-4 sec it drops to 15fps for a split second, it's really annoying. I've had the opportunity to compare with a XPS 15 9550 we have at home too and although the video card is weaker and the overall framerate is lower it is much more constant and in the end much nicer to use... Please, please fix this, currently any shooter game is simply unplayable for me on this laptop. Btw I've got the i7 + 1050Ti + SSD 512 specs

@Kelsett thanks for adding to the thread. Your post came in whilst i was replying to BroBot above.

Can you confirm that you are also having the same performance issues with the GPU whilst running BIOS 1.7.0?

Is it possible for you try Nvidia's driver rather that Dell's posted driver?
Is your power plan set for maximum performance and the ac adaptor plugged in whilst this is happening?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hello @Dell-Alan D,

I confirm I'm still having stuttering with BIOS 1.7.0. Perhaps its not linked to the low temperature issue however. I am already running the Nvidia driver and my power plan is set to performance as well as the thermal strategy (not sure of the name as I've got it in French) in the Dell Power Manager.

I'll try to upload a video asap.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Kelsett is it specific to a game or application that you are running when you see this issue?

Have you set the system up to have that application / game run on the dedicated GPU?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos