Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

November 13th, 2022 23:00

XPS 15 9575 CPU running really hot

So aside from the slow charger shenanigans I'm facing, the CPU temps are reaching 100, when on battery it's so bad that I can't Render a video or it'll auto turn off and won't turn on again until I plug the charger. When I plug it in I think it gives CPU failure 2 orange blink, like duhhh, it was overheating after all...

Already repasted multiple times, doesn't change the fact that it's running crazy hot. At Idle it's running at 50-70 going up and down fast. 

Dell Power Manager set to Ultra/Optimized still same result. Only when it's plugged in then I can render stuff without the laptop turning off.

Tried the cool profile too, but unless the laptop's in folded mode, the fan won't ramp up, same with other thermal profiles, the fan ramps up exclusively when it's folded, is this normal??

BIOS and all the other drivers are already updated to latest with Dell assist, even downloaded some that are not there from support site with my machine tag. One thing I can't install is the...intel rapid storage thingy, says not supported dunno how to fix that. Already tried clean windows 10 re install, reinstall using dell os support to no avail...

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

November 21st, 2022 09:00

Changing the motherboard fixed the issue for me, it's a faulty motherboard

November 15th, 2022 01:00

f your laptop is overheating, the first thing that you need to check is if there is a lot of dust accumulated in the air vents or around the CPU and the whole cooling system. If there is dust inside the duct, you can clean it using a soft brush or a soft cloth. You can also use a can of compressed air.

This may help you,
Martin

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

November 15th, 2022 02:00

I cleaned everything, and about 2 hours ago the ram I think Died, I was rendering and windows just froze. Force turn off, now the farthest I can go is to welcome screen the animations spins for like 5 mins then power drive error BSOD. Gonna go get it fix asap. First time using XPS and Dell, really disappointed, miss the good old Sony VaIO days.

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

November 15th, 2022 02:00

Strangest thing just happend I was able to get into safe mode, but upon restart it just goes to black after Dell with spinning animation

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

November 15th, 2022 06:00

So motherboard is not completely dead, can get into windows 10 recovery settings, command prompt, safemode, but Cannot Boot into windows 

457 Posts

November 19th, 2022 05:00

What does the BIOS diagnostics say? Do they pass or fail and if so, how?

No Events found!