Start a Conversation

Unsolved

XI

1 Message

June 20th, 2020 17:00

XPS 15 9750 Will not turn on

XPS 15 9750 will not turn on. When I connect power adapter none of the lights turn on and there is no signs of life.   I removed internal batteries and disconnected everything I could.  Then held down power button to drain battery.  Reassembled everything and laptop did not power up.  Read several threads that stated motherboard needs to be replaced.  After abandoning this laptop I didn't touch it for several months. (about 4 months). 

One day we decided to give it another try and laptop started with no troubles. All we did was push on button to start.  It started up without any error or issues messages.  About a month after laptop started it shut down again and did not want to restart and didn't not start up until another month.  When it finally started up again it worked for about 2 month and now its gone back to shutting back down and not starting. 

I have a feeling its going to start back up in week or two but its getting pretty frustrating having to deal with this.  

Any help will be much appreciated

1 Message

June 23rd, 2020 20:00

I've had this happen to me twice, and both times I was able to solve it using this method. It sounds too simple, I know, but it worked for me. All I did was press down the power button for as long as you can until it turns on. It took mine close to a minute, just keep pressing because what do you have to lose.

No Events found!