Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

December 27th, 2018 08:00

XPS 15 / Killer 1535 - Wifi Issues

Just spent about 1.5 hours with tech support on a WiFi issue.  My issue was slow internet speeds - 11Mpbs vs the 300 I get on another laptop. 

Bottom line - latest drivers including the one off the Dell site do not work with the latest Windows 10 updates.  I guess....  

Solution - Download the Killer Network Manager (archived version) 

• Version: 1.1.69.1774

https://www.killernetworking.com/killersupport/item/e2200-e2400-wireless

Fixed my issue for now.  Dell says there are "known" issues with the driver but to use this one for now.  

HTH
Mark

247 Posts

February 20th, 2019 06:00

I worked with Killer on my issues for weeks, I have a 1535 on Dell XPS 13 9360. I began with problems after the 1809 Windows 10 upgrade. I thought I had things worked out, but last week started randomly having card just stop working and Event logs says card had critical internal failure. I finally gave up on Killer wireless and replaced it with a Intel duel band plus BT card. The web is full of complaints on these Killer wifi cards with many PC brands. Why they all keep using them is beyond me. They must give all the PC makers a huge discount on them or something. I just think they are the worst wireless cards I have every dealt with.

No Events found!