Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

January 14th, 2020 00:00

XPS 2-in-1 7390 Blurry Webcam

Recently ordered a  7390 2-in-1. I believe it's the latest refresh since it's running an i7 1065g7 cpu. 

Long story short, the webcam image is very blurry and pixelated and I'm hoping to find a fix. Laptop review videos seem to show much better quality imaging than what I have: much less, if no blur, and definitely less pixilation. 

Any possible fixes or might this unit just be defective? 

(Sidenote: the system is still essentially a clean windows install; the only thing I've installed so far is Microsoft office). 

• 

25.7K Posts

January 14th, 2020 18:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

1 Message

May 11th, 2020 12:00

I currently have this issue, is there a fix?

1 Message

May 16th, 2020 08:00

The same issue with my 7390. 

2 Posts

May 19th, 2020 23:00

Really, really unhappy with what appears to be a very poor webcam. I am using Zoom for customer training and have just bought this XPS7390 2 in 1 at a huge cost to me (I do not have a big budget). 

The webcam is blurry as hell compared to my 2015 Macbook Air! That's a five-year-old Apple machine Vrs a high spec 'cutting edge' Dell machine. Just not good enough at all. in fact.

On top of that, it's limited to two ports that needed to be supplemented by an expensive mini external hub which does not permit power through and does not support a second external monitor. That means the other port either needs to receive power or you use the battery for the 3 screen set up which kills it. Alternatively, you need to buy a high spec hub at £200 to afford you a reasonable setup.

This is a rip off so it looks like it's going back in the box and will be replaced by something better like a Mac Book Pro. 

59 Posts

May 20th, 2020 08:00

Agreed. I have been plagued by two driver problems that haven't gotten fixed yet. And  yes the webcam is brutal. 

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 02:00

Its going back now as I was in the return window period. Shame it let me down so much. 

Back to Apple Macbook Pro. The 2015 Air was brilliant so here's hoping Apple have kept standards up!

59 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Good call, which there was something as good for  a Windows device. This one is not worth it.

1 Message

July 23rd, 2020 18:00

Same problems I have with mine

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2021 01:00

Same problem. I am sure the video was better in Zoom when I first bough the laptop at the end of 2019.

I have now raised a support ticket.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2021 02:00

This is a hardware issue - The webcam become deteached from the Screen glass and slips down.

Then the mounting beval partially blocks the lens. I have now raised an extended warratty suppoprt ticket.

No Events found!