Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

January 29th, 2019 00:00

XPS 2in1 9575 -Keyboard disabled after touching touch-screen

Hi,

I own a Dell XPS 9575 since last summer. But I had a lot of issues. I had to replace the TB16 dock (unable to get it working without some flaws like usb-delay and stuff) with a D6000. The sound was a dissaster till some update last months. I'm struggling a lot with Bluetooth (I have to remove a device a lot, like my Bose Bluetooth headphone, gives standard a really crappy sound, then I have to remove it and reconnect it to get it working).

But this problem is really anoying because it gets me in trouble when I'm in meeting with clients.

When I'm using the touchscreen (because I want to zoom in on a document in OneNote, or a browserwindow, or a PDF-reader) My keyboard is lost. It's setup like the 'AltGr' button is continously pressed. So I cannot type anymore or use shortkeys. I have to reboot or go to sleep to be able to reuse my keyboard again.

What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 29th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. Does the keyboard stop working when you use multiple keys at a time?

What is the BIOS version installed?

Please try using the on-screen keyboard or an external keyboard & check if that works.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

January 30th, 2019 05:00

No, like I said, it stops working when using the touchscreen, not the keyboard.

For example, I qiuckly pinch at the screen to zoom in. After that sometimes the keyboard is disabled like the 'Alt Gr' is constantly pressed. As ICT-prblems go, not all the time. I just tried to reconstruct the issue, but it doens't happen right now.

Another thing that sometimes happens, is that there are blue squares around things like icons, or a tabs. Then the laptop also reacts weird.

I was wondering, is there someone using this laptop actually as a tablet? I cannot use it as a tablet like shown in the commercials. The tabletmode is simply to buggy. I haven't find an app in de windows store that works completely
Like Netflix, everything works but you cannot ajust the volume (bug). So useless.
So I was wondering, can't I just replace this laptop for a non-2-in-1 XPS 15 version. Then my troubles will probably be gone, as all the issues I have, are related to the tablet/touchscreen function.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 30th, 2019 06:00

I am afraid, I do not have an option for a refund or a replacement. Although I can check the warranty details & assist you further.

Please share the service tag along with the registered name on a private message. I will check the system details & assist you.

No Events found!