Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2019 06:00

XPS 7390 2-in-1 no availability of FHD with 32 GB

I have asked DELL in the US and in Germany several times when they will finally offer an FHD (not 4K) version with 32GB of the XPS 7390 2-in-1 but they do not seem to be keen to sell their new flagship as it looks.

Plenty of potential buyers - retail customers and small companies - have been looking for exactly this configuration. There are numerous asks on the web.

This board is my last attempt to ask DELL if they would start selling this configuration this month (October 2019) . If there is no answer or if the answer is negative, I will simply go for a different premium manufacturer like HP, Lenovo or Asus.

I can imagine that many others will follow or have already decided to buy a different notebook due to the lack of availability of a FHD version with 32GB RAM.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 14th, 2019 04:00

@Gottliebtdaimler as advised by the sales team, there are no plans to offer that configuration in EMEA.

Other regional variations are available dependent on market demands. Please be advised that if you do choose to purchase from another region i.e the US that you also purchase the pro support warranty so that you are covered for warranty in another region. The basic level of coverage doesn't offer that and any service you require, irrespective of system age, will result in a chargeable call.

Alan

October 8th, 2019 14:00

2 days have passed and still no response from DELL. Poor service.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 9th, 2019 06:00

@Gottliebtdaimler let me reach out to the sales teams to see if I can provide a definitive answer.

Alan

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 11th, 2019 00:00

@Gottliebtdaimler the sales team have advised that there are no plans to offer the XPS in that configuration.

As these motherboards have the memory and processor soldered to the motherboard it's not possible to buy the lower spec machine with the FHD screen and then upgrade the memory.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer that you wanted.

Alan

October 12th, 2019 13:00

Thanks for your reply Alan. 

Why isn't possible to simply solder a 32GB chip to the FHD configurations? You guys presumably want to sell more expensive RAM chips?

There are many companies out there that need 32GB and at the same time require high battery durability which only the FHD version can offer. By not offering this configuration you are definitely losing potential Corporate customers to competitors like Lenovo or HP where one can upgrade the RAM!

October 13th, 2019 09:00

XPS7390_32GB_FHD.jpgHi Alan,

It appears that the information provided by you/your Sales Team is incorrect. There is a FHD with 32 GB (see attached screenshot from the Dell US site).

When is this configuration going to be available in Germany/Switzerland?

Thanks

October 14th, 2019 11:00

@Dell-Alan D This is truly disappointing. 

I am confident that this is and will cost Dell a lot of potential retail and corporate customers.

You have a product and you won't offer it despite strong demand - that does not make any sense. 

I guess we all have no other choice but to go for Lenovo, HP or Asus who either allow upgrading the RAM or have 32GB versions with FHD displays (better battery performance compared to the new XPS 7390).

No Events found!