Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

January 24th, 2020 02:00

XPS 7390 unusable out of the box

I recently bought a New XPS 13 laptop for my wife.

To our huge disappointment, it was unusable straight out of the box - the touchpad has a massive dead zone right in the middle and the CPU fan rattles at high rpms.

I have been a loyal Dell customer since around 2007, and I certainly did not expect a new flagship unit to have any issues, let alone issues this serious. I even talked my wife into buying this Dell laptop instead of a MacBook. And now this.

With help of a US support representative, I transferred the tag to Ukraine, where we are currently based. With a Ukrainian support representative, we figured out that the palmrest and the heatsink need to be replaced. This basically means that a brand new unit would need to be torn down completely, as everything is literally mounted on the palmrest that is going to be replaced.

This is not the end, however - now I was told that there is a delay with the parts, that they are likely being looked for at a warehouse outside of the country and that there is no delivery estimate.

I would like to know what my options are here, for how long I would need to wait for the parts and whether I can request a replacement, as this is becoming ridiculous (especially the "no estimate" thing) and the unit is unusable anyway.

My warranty is Basic, and the plan is "Onsite repairs after remote diagnosis".

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!