Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

5 Posts

June 26th, 2020 23:00

XPS 9380 TB16 dock HDMI no signal

Hi,

I have connected 2 displays to my XPS 13 via a TB16 dock. One is connected to the HDMI port and the other is connected to the VGA port. I have used the same setup for 6 months now.

I'm facing problems because suddenly the display connected to the HDMI port is not getting signals. I went through the TB16 troubleshooting guide and none of the steps resolved my issue. The following actions are taken.

1. I tried restarting the XPS with TB16 and without TB16.
  2. I checked the BIOS and other drivers through the SupportAssist for the XPS 13 and all are up to date.
  3. I checked the drives for the TB16 and all are up to date.
  4. I checked the same display and HDMI cable with another USB-C to HDMI adaptor from the XPS 13 and TB16, both scenarios are working well.
  5. I checked the Intel Graphics Control Panel and the display is identified under multiple displays section and the resolution is correct.

At this point, I'm out of options.

Please let me know if there are other steps to follow.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

June 27th, 2020 16:00

@prazr  Not sure why it would have just started happening suddenly, but did you update the TB16 firmware?  The drivers for the TB16 aren't used for video output.  You just need the Thunderbolt software and GPU drivers installed on your system for that.

15 Posts

September 27th, 2020 20:00

I am having the same problem, except I have an XPS15-9560 laptop. I have a 2560 x 1440 monitor attached to the HDMi port and a 1080p monitor to the VGA port. Worked fine until yesterday. Today I connected the TB16, and the HDMi monitor stays dark. 

I can get the monitor to work if I connect it with the same cable directly to the laptop.

Interestingly, when the monitor is connected to the TB16, the laptop seems to actually see the monitor. When I look a the display settings, the laptop shows me 2 monitors, and correctly shows me the monitor and it's settings in the advanced display settings. The monitor, however, tells me that no signal source is attached.

No Events found!