Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

68 Posts

October 15th, 2018 10:00

XPS 9570 OEM Nvidia 1050ti graphics driver not compatible

The OEM Nvidia driver Dell provides for the XPS 9570 is not compatible with this version of Windows ???

This could explain the GPU issues since the last major Windows update. Dell get your act together!!! 

NvidiaNotCompatible.jpg

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 15th, 2018 10:00

I had a problem on one system with Windows Mixed Reality.  While working on that problem I downloaded from Nvidia the latest driver from Oct. 2018.  The one for my system from Dell was March 2018.

I normally don't recommend not using the Dell drivers but in this case, you may want to think about it.  And I did make sure and get the mobile version..

68 Posts

October 16th, 2018 04:00

Hi Saltgrass,

Unfortunately I've been having a lot of GPU problems on this system and often you need to use the OEM driver to avoid issues with integrated GPU switching. This was also after a clean install. 

66 Posts

October 17th, 2018 13:00

I had problems with the Dell driver and with the one downloaded from the Nvidia site. I solved with the "Geforce Experience" application that downloads and installs the right driver! It worked for me.
No Events found!