Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

May 21st, 2020 05:00

XPS13 9350 is my first and the last laptop

I bought XPS13 from Costco 2 years ago. I was excited that I got the first high-end laptop in my life.

After two years, I decided that I will never buy Dell laptop using my own money.

I had three big situations needed to format all data without a chance to back-up. The sudden windows and driver errors occurred and ruined my time.

Yesterday I got critical issues on its screen (it only works with an external monitor when I activate the graphic driver).

And I saw very same issues in the community and finally gave up to fix it. Even it is not a hardware problem, but the driver and update optimization.

I believe I'm not a beginner about fixing and modifying computers. I used at least 10 desktop and laptop. I always solved problems myself when there are any problems. But XPS13 was so disappointing. Even I cannot say it is one of high-end products. My other laptop which I bought 8 years before is better working now.

Before Dell contacts me first, I believe I will never buy Dell products anymore.

27 Posts

May 21st, 2020 12:00

In my case it's a 9570, but between Modern Standby, removal for Force-S3 from the bios, having to disable C-States/SpeedStep to make the keyboard work properly, swelling batteries, and a myriad of other issues I just can't see myself spending money on a Dell laptop ever again.

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 07:00

Even they make a good quality product without significant issues. I had no problem to upgrade and use myself with T420 (I’m still using it with Linux).

Again,my experience in Dell was disaster and warranty was unsatisfied 

No Events found!