Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

July 1st, 2020 02:00

XPS13 9370 USB Ports cause laptop to BSOD

I have an XPS13 9370, which used to work like a charm until the Dell Update Assistant installs updates. Now my USB-C ports no longer work. If I plug anything into the ports on the left the laptop crashes. 

I have all the latest firmware and drivers installed. I have even blown away the laptop and restored from the OS recovery tool. Even this and the laptop still crashes. 

I have tried everything suggested like, different versions of the ASMEDIA drivers, but to no avail. 

HAS anyone ever fixed this? 

4 Posts

July 1st, 2020 02:00

I have also tried changing the security level to no security for the Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration in the BIOS. This also made no difference.

1 Message

July 8th, 2020 14:00

I have the same issue on my XPS 9370 (January 2018). I have tried updating/downgrading almost everything, drivers, firmware, bios, changing my clothes, praying, but nothing helps. Not to mention that Thunderbolt FW Update fails with a message that Thunderbolt controller driver has to be installed, but the controller driver is installed and it's the latest one. I liked Dell but after this experience I think I will never again buy it. My monitor (Dell P2419Hc) which is the core part of my HO setup is useles because USB-C ports on this XPS are broken. I have tried not only Windows, also on Ubuntu these ports are not working. Thank you Dell on selling me this garbage and you can be sure I will never again buy your laptop. And these forums, I don't know if they ever helped anyone, you can only find questions and comments where people are desperate.I hope, Dell will provide a solution for this otherwise I can just throw away this "laptop".

1 Message

January 18th, 2021 12:00

Same here on the XPS13 9365. Only on the left USB and with various devices, even with a simple USB hub. All drivers updated and the latest BIOS. 

No Events found!