Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

S

5 Posts

February 13th, 2022 04:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

XPS 13 9310, YouTube playback delay

I am writing this post so it might help others. I am describing the problem as well as the solution.

Problem: All of the YouTube videos take about 5-10 seconds to load up before the playback actually starts. There will be a message "If playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device" displayed on the YouTube playback panel. I have done all the suggestions posted in community pages referencing the drivers update (Audio, Video and Graphics), however none of them worked. I have also tried with different browsers and with all the extensions turned off.

Solution: It seems like there is a bug (either with Dell XPS or with Windows 11) wherein the YouTube videos lag after connecting to a wireless display/cast. Once you try and connect to a wireless display and disconnect it, the playback will lag no matter what you do. So the only solution is to remove the wireless device under the devices section in settings and the problem instantly goes away!

February 19th, 2022 02:00

Hi there, as you can clearly read on my post, I have posted the problem I had as well as a solution myself - which might help others in the community. 

Thanks.

• 

25.2K Posts

February 13th, 2022 22:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

February 19th, 2022 02:00

Hi there, as you can clearly read on my post, I have posted the problem I had as well as a solution myself - which might help others in the community. 

Thanks.

March 7th, 2022 22:00

Exact same issue for me. Having any TV device in the list of bluetooth devices on XPS 9310 causes severe sound delays in windows 11. Uninstalling the TV solved it for me.

June 16th, 2022 20:00

Thanks a million it worked for me. In windows 11 go to System/ Bluetooth & Devices/ Devices and under "Other devices" remove any devices not connected or duplicate entries.

Cheers San4santhos

November 2nd, 2022 03:00

Thanks @tinnywinny You've probably got some idea of the pain you have just resolved for me. Dell had drawn a blank and were telling me to Factory Reset. One of my colleagues spotted this post and I had one TV in my Bluetooth devices - one I never use - and its removal sorted my sound delays on my XPS 9310 2-in-1 on Windows 10 Pro.

And relax...

January 19th, 2023 09:00

Wow, amazing!!! I just had this issue and after 3 days I came to this solution:

The problem is: Disabling Killer Wireless in device manager also solves the problem. So I spend hours and hours investigating... Today I recognized, that it must be problem with Realtek HD Audio, because switching to Bluetooth as default audio device also solves the problem... And now after spending hours on different driver versions, without success, a colleage sends me this.

1 Message

April 27th, 2023 12:00

Dell XPS 17 9700 Windows 11 with exactly the same issue. Started happening after connecting to a MS display adapter. Solution posted here solved it instantly.
Dell should really look into this as it appears to be affecting numerous devices.

April 28th, 2023 14:00

Same issue on the 9700, and this worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

June 5th, 2023 05:00

Had the same problem, was really at a loss what is going on. Hopefully Dell will look into this.

2 Posts

July 4th, 2023 15:00

This worked lke a charm.  Thanks!!!

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

August 28th, 2023 15:42

Without having to disconnect your bluetooth TV connection.

The problem is due to a conflict with the Realtek audio driver. Just uninstall it via apps and restart your computer and the problem will be fixed.

Dell update will keep trying to reinstall it so just make sure that option is unticked when you run Dell update.

No Events found!