Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2018 20:00

brand new xps 13 keeps crashing!

I just bought a Dell Xps 13, it arrived on Friday, but it keeps crashing and showing the blue recovery screen "windows didnt load correctly". I am doing a postdoc research and really have no time to fix it with tutorials and forums, so please let me know if I have to return it and claim my money back, or if I can do something easy to fix it. Thank you.

1 Message

February 25th, 2019 15:00

After a whole year of problems, Dell support, browsing forums, driver updates, reinstalling windows and what not, I managed to resolve my blue screen problems.

I hope this tip helps some of you: Turn off auto-connect on any wifi connections.

I am sure that dell and its partners must have fixed a lot of issues in the last year, however I was still getting blue screens just before logging into windows. These crashes might corrupt system files and cause other types of random crashes whilst running applications. I suspect that this is what was happening on my machine. I have not had a single blue screen since I disabled the "Connect Automatically" option (a few months now).

Michalis

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 21st, 2018 08:00

Which model XPS 13 is it, the 9370?

Have you tried running the boot diagnostics using the F12 key during boot?

Does the repair process ever give you options?

Start thinking about calling support.   They may be able to help or advise but if you decide to swap it out you need to make that decision fairly soon.  The problem my be related to some update.

Maybe one of the moderators will come by and offer a better option.

February 22nd, 2018 00:00

my XPS just gave loop boots saying "your hard disk is not installed", almost gave me a heart attack

81 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 03:00

@mongol.huu wrote:

my XPS just gave loop boots saying "your hard disk is not installed", almost gave me a heart attack

If you tampered with bios settings you might change the way devices boots. Reset your bios to defaults and reboot your Delll.

81 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 04:00

@stafe76 wrote:
I just bought a Dell Xps 13, it arrived on Friday, but it keeps crashing and showing the blue recovery screen "windows didnt load correctly".

Since it's fresh device just restore your system to the factory state (press F12 at boot time and select "Dell backup and Recovery" or something named like that and restore fresh Windows from backup).

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 24th, 2018 08:00

I hate to bring it up again, but even after seven months, we do not know the model of XPS 13 .. and it does make a difference.

If it is actually crashing with a Blue Screen (with the frown face), it should be creating dump files.  Do you see those as a Memory.dmp or an files in the Windows\minidump folder?

I certainly understand your frustration, but we need info about the specific problems to help us get started toward finding a solution.

1 Message

November 27th, 2023 07:12

Stating my issue herewhich is quite similar. My XPS 13 (9315) started stucking on reboot and shutting down after 10 seconds without allowing me to enter F-12 or F-2. After contacting dell i was informed that motherboard would need to be replaced and it was done later with all my data lost. after 1 month the same issue again re appear from nowhere. This time the engineer was called and tried disconnecting battery and connecting again resolved the issue. He said it could be due to a short circuit but my question is why does it happen only after a month usage. What am i doing wrong that triggers this problem? work is disturbed due to this. 

No Events found!