Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

June 5th, 2019 18:00

dell XPS13 Sound problem (white noise while playing, with or without headphones)

Hi people. I have had a problem with my dell xps13 sound that is really bothering me. There is a unusual noise (like a white noise) when I am playing a video or music, and it doesn't matter whether I'm using headphones or not. So I'm thinking it is not a problem with hardware (or maybe it is). The problem sometimes goes away (for a while) when I restart the application (like webpage, Spotify, etc). I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem is. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. 

Here is a link to the noise problem. I recorded the noisy sound with my phone in case some of you like to hear it. Thanks:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-0a3kVWlMAUxQxi0VAZFZys4Y51QGy9H

4 Posts

June 6th, 2019 05:00

This is an issue with drivers. Try resetting windows without deleting files

4 Posts

June 6th, 2019 05:00

You have to update your bios** not reset windows 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 6th, 2019 08:00

It would be helpful to know which model of the XPS 13 you are using.

Would you say it does not happen when you generate sound locally?

It sounds like distortion which might be related to your network.  You might watch the Task Manager for performance and see if the Wi-Fi window shows the waveform is distorted or erratic.

You may have a utility on your system which is involved with the bandwidth management.  It may be causing the problem.

If you have multiple pages open on your Browser it may effect the sound.

If you had a Bluetooth or USB playback device, you might check it since they use a different sound path

No Events found!