Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:38

July 5th, 2019 06:00

After the swollen battery was replaced about 2 years ago, I now have the same problem again. Apparently Dell uses the same faulty battery all the time, not only in new devices but also when replacing old ones. How is this possible? In addition, Dell customer service tries to deny any responsibility. As I said, it's not about wear and tear, the battery capacity is great. The point is that the battery becomes a safety problem and therefore falls under product liability laws. Since I hardly use the trackpad, I wait until Dell contacts me out of a sense of responsibility.

247 Posts

July 6th, 2019 07:00

A disturbing trend for sure to see these thin premium laptops experience battery swelling and failure and that Dell is selectively rejecting out of warranty replacements. But it's not just Dell dragging their support for these failures as many PC makers experience battery swelling issues and are told its not part of recall so no warranty. Been through a similar experience with a couple HP notebooks. I won' buy another thin notebook from anyone, I will buy a business class or gaming notebook which hopefully will have better battery design. Unfortunately with these internal batteries that are hard to inspect let alone replace. Your only sign of failure comes when you experience external deformities in the notebook. By that time the battery is critically failing.  

No Events found!