Highlighted
cuijeff
1 Nickel

dpc_watchdog_violation after upgrade

my XPS -5-9570-D1745 upgrade:

RAM :crucial DDR4 2666 16G * 2  upgrade to 32G

SSD:1) Intel® SSD 760p Series SSDPEKKW010T8  , install windows system, windows10

2) crucial_CT1050MX300SSD 

latest windows system, latest dirver, latest ssd firmware

XPS 15-9570-D1745 bios version 1.3

first:  set raid and intel rst,  frequently dpc_watchdog_violation, about 30 minutes 

second: set AHCI without intel RST, dpc_watchdog_violation, about 3~4 hours

when dpc_watchdog_violation ,0% and freeze

4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: dpc_watchdog_violation after upgrade

Hi cuijeff,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this Dell Community post?

Also have you run a systems diagnostics yet?  Please run Dell SupportAssist or by pressing F12 at startup.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
cuijeff
1 Nickel

Hi Dell-Robert P,

Thanks for  reply.

I have found the reason that raise dpc_watchdog_violation.

The XPS 15 9570  motherboard 's m.2 socket  dose not support  m.2  NVMe well.  I  have replaced  the  INTEL  760p SSDPEKKW010T8  to  m.2  sata SSD.  It  works  well.

The  m.2 interface of intel _760p_SSDPEKKW010T8 _SSD is m.2 NVMe.   See http://www.atpinc.com/Memory-insider/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

The XPS 15 9570  motherboard 's m.2 socket  should support m.2 SATA and m.2 NVMe. 

Why dose XPS 15 9570  motherboard 's m.2 socket  support  m.2  NVMe with problem? Hardware limitation or firmware's bug?   If it is firmware's bug, It may be upgraded to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
LouisBouteille
1 Copper

Hi Cuijeff!

Can you explain and detail how you solved it ? 

Thanks !

0 Kudos
cuijeff
1 Nickel

xps 15 9570 mainborad's m.2 nvme socket support m.2 nvme 3.0;  but INTEL  760p SSDPEKKW010T8 m.2 nvme intreface version is 3.1。

So I replace INTEL  760p SSDPEKKW010T8 with SSD that xps 15 9570 mainborad's m.2 nvme socket supported. It work well , never BSOD since I replaced.

0 Kudos