Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

7 Posts

May 26th, 2022 06:00

we are currently unable to connect to the backend. please check your internet connection

I am using the os recovery tool. I have selected advanced recovery. i have selected to download and save the os image for recovery. I am receiving an error message:

we are currently unable to connect to the backend. please check your internet connection and try again

My internet connection is fine. I tryed multiple time with the same result.

Please advise!!!!!!!

some detail: I am trying to download windows 10 home for a dell inspiron 7586 purchased in 2019

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

This forum post and especially the reply by @Philip_Yip may help.

Sorry, this was inadvertently posted in the XPS section while it should have been posted in the Inspiron area. However I am guessing that this problem is not specific to Inspiron

May 26th, 2022 07:00

I have received a private message from Dell that my system warranty has expired. They might be telling that they are unable to connect to the backend because my system warranty has expired but I am not sure yet. Can anyone verify if they will be unable to connect to the backend for someone who has an expired warranty???

May 26th, 2022 07:00

Hello JOcean, Thank you for your speedy response. I understand from your response that a workaround for this problem is to

1. download the win10 home edition from usoft. (this will provide internet access)

2. then go back to dell and use other means to download other things that were not included in 1.

I am assuming that what you mean is that it is pointless to wait for dell to be able to connect to the back end because this will never happen?

1 Message

June 17th, 2022 21:00

I'm having the same issue with a brand new Latitude 3310

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 18th, 2022 08:00

The Latitude 3310 was released almost two years ago -- if you purchased it from a reseller or retailer, it likely was sitting around quite awhile.  Verify the warranty using the service tag at dell.com/support -- it may well be out of its initial Dell warranty.  If it is, contact your seller for assistance.

No Events found!