Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

6 Posts

November 30th, 2019 03:00

xps 15 7590 killer networking is a joke!

I just bought a xps 15 7590 which is supposed to be a premium computer.
Freshly opened, updated all drivers via Dell software, updated windows and then: problems started. Wifi was slow, intermittent. Discovered there is a pre-installed crapware called Killer Networking Control Center which is supposed to be useful to throttle your bandwidth to privilege video games. I didn't buy a Dell top computer to play f* videogames! I need to work. And now this crapware is making my computer USELESS. It's 24 hours that I'm still trying to install Adobe creative suite with no success due to the slowlyness of the bandwidth imposed by its crappy wifi hardware and software.
I've seen here other people with the same problems and with various possible solutions proposed, with no official, final, statement from Dell.
Dell, I don't want to try ANYTHING to make your s* work. I paid 2k $ and your hardware MUST FLY out of the box! Are you joking with us?

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

November 30th, 2019 04:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @TheDarkMist 

It's a combination of KNCC and the Killer WiFi card.

It is supposed to be the latest and greatest???

I have seen a few just replace the Killer card with an Intel card.

Some have found success with updates from Killer.

You just had an updated driver released yesterday???

Killer 1650/1435/1435s/1535 WiFi Controller Driver:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=1847j&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-15-7590-laptop

Best regards,

U2

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 30th, 2019 07:00

Does that system have the Dell Cinema installed?  Have you set your internet speed in the control suite?

As you know, there are may things that can effect wireless performance.  Since you have a newer AX Wi-Fi card, even your wireless router may be involved, so check for firmware updates for it.

Your environment is also important, but if you want help from the OEM, see the thread below where the Killer Wireless rep gives links you can use to open cases directly with them.  If they find the problem, please let us know..

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/WiFi-Bluetooth-Problems-Dell-XPS-15-9560-Killer-1535-WiFi/m-p/6083701#M11203

December 3rd, 2019 23:00

It's a brand new pc. I've installed NOTHING.

The problem is that Killer Networking software, which is supposed to throttle your bandwidth (never asked for it, no need for it), is crapware. After researching I've found the way to remove the Killer suite, and install pure updated drivers. A version that even the Dell Support Assist software is listing during a update scan.

Let see if it fixes.

But remember: it's a premium computer, that costs 2k, brand new, and it simply prevents you to navigate, out of the box. It' s very upsetting, Dell!

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

December 4th, 2019 03:00

I agree @TheDarkMist 

Good choice of hardware but poor software development!!!

Best regards,

U2

2 Posts

December 10th, 2019 10:00

I am having issues with the software as well.  Even after uninstalling the software the wireless is next to useless.  I am very close to returning this POS.  I just got the laptop yesterday and have been unable to do anything I want.  I cant download any of the adobe products (the main reason I bought this laptop).  For a brand new computer to need this much work before it can be used is horrendous.  I WILL NOT switch the card out.  Even though the card is inexpensive and a relatively easy job this is something that should not need to be done with a brand new "high end" laptop.  I am definitely thinking of trying a MacBook out.  I have a surface book that I love but doesn't edit videos that well which is why I purchased the dell i9 7590.  So far I wouldn't pay $100 for this headache.  

Has anyone been able to fix the wireless issues without changing the wifi card?  If not Dell how do I return this?

1 Message

September 25th, 2023 13:53

I too bought the PC not for games, but actual work. The Killer optimization engine is bad, as is the Killer app itself. Yes, you can turn off the optimization in the Killer app and get full speed again. But it doesn't stay that way, the app turns itself back on, slowing upload speed to a trickle (from uploads of 500 Mbps to only 2 Mbps). I have tried installing just the .INF driver install, with no Killer app, yet eventually the Killer app reinstalls itself !!!

(edited)

No Events found!