Highlighted
2 Bronze

How to Tag an Initiator?

Hello Folks,

I have an X2, XtremIO and I'm close to being able to tag an initiator but I'm confised at what the "entity-detail" is exactly for in this command syntax. Yes, I have put placeholder info into the " " areas I realize that would not work in my command.

Here is my command:

add-initiator ig-id="name" initiator-name="name" port-address="WWN" operating-system=esx

What should be in the location for "entity-detail" if I'm simply trying to add a tag to my initiator? Should it simply be the same as what's in "tag-id"?

tag-object entity=”Initiator” entity-details=”????" tag-id=”name”

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to Tag an Initiator?

Hello marshit,

The entity-details is an object ID.  Here is the link to Dell EMC XtremIO Storage Array cli guide and if you look on page 194 you can see how the entity-details is used.  https://dell.to/2Ta5REH

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hello, I have the guide as well. 

I'm asking if what I wrote syntax wise more so looks correct? Does at the very least "entity" look correct, since this is for an initiator?

Also, is the entity-details basically going to be the same as the TAG, if nothing else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello marshit,

Your syntax looks correct for the initiator.  The entity details can be the same.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos